5 Things to be Grateful for at UW-Madison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We, as UW Madison students, are lucky enough to call this campus our home for about four years of our lives. Here are some commonly forgotten things to be grateful for at UW Madison! 

1. Bascom Hill

Although we all dread walking up this beast all seasons of the year, it really is a beautiful landmark at UW-Madison. It is home to a plethora of buildings, Abe and the annual snowball fight! It can be a relaxing spot to enjoy the summer weather and do homework or pose as an awesome sledding hill in the winter.

2. The 80

Of course, no one likes being crammed into a bus or getting a little too close for comfort with complete strangers, but in the end, it is completely worth it during the cold winter months. The 80 is a great way to get across campus, free of cost and in a timely matter (if you plan ahead!). 

3. Food Options Don’t get me wrong, nothing beats a home-cooked meal, but the food options we have on campus, easily purchased with your Wiscard, are better than most colleges in Wisconsin!  From the seven Badger Markets, the dining halls and the 10 restaurants between Union South and Memorial Union, there is an abundance of food options on campus.

4. The Lakeshore Path 

This trail commonly goes unrecognized but is truly amazing! This trail is great for running, walking or biking when you need some fresh air. Not to mention it has an amazing view of Lake Mendota along the whole trail. Last but not least, it is a great way for students to make their way to classes from the Lake Shore dorms!

5. Professors​

We all have our favorite and least favorite professors. Nevertheless, we should be grateful for each and every one of them for giving us an amazing education. The professors at UW Madison are some of the best there are!

These are just a few things to be grateful for on campus. Since it is the season of giving thanks, let’s be grateful for all we have at UW- Madison! 

Eva Gretz

Wisconsin

Eva is currently a Sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison pursing a degree in Biology and a certificate in Global Health, and hopes to venture into med-school in her future. Eva enjoys living a healthy lifestyle, spending time with friends and family, writing, and learning biology, of course. Some of her most favorite things in the world are pickles, clouds, and her miniature golden doodle, Nahla. To see Eva's adorable dog (and much more), follow her on Instagram (@evagretz). 
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!