jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Sweater Trends That You Need To Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

After an uncharacteristic heat wave in the end of September, the leaves have finally started changing color. As the temperature dropped, it suddenly became one of the best times of the year: sweater weather. Although finding the perfect sweater can be quite the ordeal, have no fear — I have spent hours scouring the internet to find the hottest trends, just for you.

1. Fringe

This trend is super fun and has a lot of different variations. Kimchi Blue (sold at Urban Outfitters) outdid themselves with this twist to the classic sweater. The vertical fringe gives a cute feathery look. Try pairing it with jeans and booties for a simple but extremely chic look. I’m definitely tempted to purchase this for myself.  

2. Texture

We are going to be seeing a lot of texture this fall. From chenille to wool, textures will be all over the place. This one from Aerie is both super cozy and fashion-forward — it even has weaves in a little bit of a sparkle. Try it with high-waisted jeans (the sweater is slightly cropped) and a pair of slide-on sneakers.

3. Oversized

As always, this is everyone’s favorite — because who doesn’t love feeling adorably comfy and warm? Plus, what screams fall more than an oversized sweater (besides maybe a pumpkin spice latte)? Let it fall off your shoulder, throw a lacy bralette underneath, and you are ready to go. This sweater from Frankie Phoenix is perfect, and you are in luck because the site also has the cutest bralettes.  

4. Deconstructed

This is the type of sweater that is going to make your grandma question if “you bought it with all those holes in it.” We have all seen deconstructed jeans, shorts, shirts, etc., but I am super excited to say that sweaters are next! This sweater from Wildfox nails this trend perfectly.

5. Embellished

Embellishment is another trend that is carrying over into this fall. It makes any sweater cuter — plus, it will make you look like you tried way harder than you actually did. I am personally a huge fan of this sweater from Zara. It is covered in pearls around the neckline and on the sleeves. Pair this with dark jeans and heels for a cute date night outfit or dress it down with some classic sneakers.

Now that it’s officially fall, why not try out some of these trends? You can stay comfy and chic — the perfect combo for college students.

Ali is a freshmen at UW Madison majoring in Fashion Design and International Studies trying to pursue her dreams of one day owning her own company.