5 Stages You Go Through after Binging on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s winter in Wisconsin and bitterly cold.  What else are you supposed to fill those dreary days with but Netflix?  Just one episode you tell yourself, and then one episode turns into five, and five turns into an entire season.  It’s impossible to stop.  Those constant, nagging “are you still there?” notifications make you feel guilty but, after all, Netflix doesn’t know you pretty much live in the Arctic, or Wisconsin, whatever. After a while, you’ve finished the whole series and now what? You’ve got nothing. You’ve watched practically all of Netflix and now you’re in a slump.  You’re in the infamous showhole… *gasp*

Stage 1: Depression. 

You’re beyond depressed because all of your favorite characters died at the end and now you don’t know what to do.  It feels like you just lost a piece of you.

Stage 2: Denial.

There will be new seasons on Netflix soon.  THIS IS NOT THE END. I REPEAT, IT IS NOT OVER.

Stage 3: Hope.

Maybe there is another show out there I can binge on… Who are you kidding—no there isn’t.

Stage 4: “Maybe I can just start the show over?”

I mean, if it was good the first time, it has to be good the second time right?

Stage 5: Pressing play on Season 1 Episode 1 of that same show

You had to.  Let’s be real.  No other show could fill that void.

In all honesty, it really doesn’t matter how many times you watch a show over, it will always be good and Netflix won’t judge you either. 

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!! 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!