This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Oh, baby, it’s cold outside! The holidays are quickly approaching and you know what that means… Secret Santa! The snow is coming and so are good times with your closest friends. The holidays are meant for relaxing and spending quality time with your favorite people. If you have a gift exchange coming up and have no idea what you to buy, look no further. Here are 5 gift ideas that won’t break your bank account.  

PJs! 

Who doesn’t love a matching set of pajamas? With the weather getting colder, a warm set of pajamas is a must. Stores like Target, Nordstrom Rack, Forever21 and Urban Outfitters all sell cute and affordable PJs that your BFF will love! 

Picture frame!

There’s nothing better than a sentimental present and a great way to give one is by crafting a picture frame for your bestie. If you want to get creative, you can create a collage of pictures within the frame. This is a present your friend can keep forever. Just make sure to wrap it well so it doesn’t break!

Makeup palettes! 

During the holidays, stores like Sephora and Ulta create the cutest holiday makeup palettes. What I love about these is that they range in price. I’d say go for a sparkly eyeshadow; it’s perfect for New Year’s Eve!

Fuzzy socks!

I live in fuzzy socks all winter long. They are an essential piece of your winter wardrobe. As cute as they are paired with boots, they are perfect for lounging around your house. There are a variety of patterns you can choose from as well.

Rollerball perfumes! 

These perfumes are perfect for a college student because they are small enough to put in any backpack or purse. They are also a fraction of the price of the regular-sized perfumes. Sephora has a great selection of rollerball perfumes and most are under $30!

There is nothing better than sitting around a fireplace drinking hot cocoa with your BFFs opening presents. This is supposed to be a fun activity, not something you should be stressing about! I hope these ideas help you find the perfect present for your friends. Happy holidays!  

I am a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying journalism with a minor in sports communication.
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.