5 Reasons Zendaya Is the Most Inspirational and Relatable Celebrity on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Anyone who’s up-to-date with the latest social media fads probably has an Instagram account — and they use it religiously. As someone who has recently started using Instagram, I’m still trying to get the hang of it. Nonetheless, I’ve come to find out, through scrolling through tens of posts, that an avid user typically posts pictures of their best friends, their boyfriend/girlfriend, their dog and even the food they’re eating — boring! It’s old, it’s mundane, and it’s obvious; I became disinterested in Instagram after only a couple months of using it. Not long after thoughts of deleting my account swarmed through my head, I started following the one and only Zendaya. For those of you who didn’t watch Disney Channel as a child every day after school, Zendaya made her big break as a child actress on the TV show Shake It Up. She has come a long way since then; she has become one of the most inspirational and relatable celebrities on Instagram, and here’s why:

1. Zendaya posts real photos/videos.

She’s not trying to fool any of us. WE. ARE. ALL. HUMAN. She lets us know that we all have the right to make mistakes and be a little goofy sometimes.

2. She is all about that girl power!

She practically embodies the idea of “the future is female”!

3. She is also a fashion icon.

I mean, she wore a dress that’s shaped like a butterfly. Who wouldn’t want to wear that?!

4. She’s an inspirational leader.

To what heights will she reach?! Seriously, the 21-year-old is already making it big.

5. She loves her dog!

Too relatable! But we get it; how could she not? Her dog is adorable!

Zendaya isn’t a ‘typical’ celebrity; she isn’t afraid to show that, despite being in the limelight, she’s just a normal person like the rest of us. She is proof that any girl can do whatever she dreams of as long as she’s determined to work hard for it — just look at the kind of person she has become! She’s a star, that is for sure; but she’s also humble, inspirational and relatable. I highly suggest following her on Instagram. Her posts are everything you want them to be and more; she truly is iconic.

Hi, my name is Alexandria Chapes and I am a senior at UW-Madison. I am majoring in Theatre and Drama as an Acting Specialist with a certificate in Digital Studies. I enjoy writing in my spare time, especially about theatre, because it is a world unknown to many that I loving sharing with others!