5 Reasons Why Lana Condor is a Star

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you haven’t watched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before at this point, you must be hiding under a rock. For those that don’t know, it’s a sensational Netflix original (and one of their best I have watched thus far). Regardless, I’m sure you’ve heard of the TATBILB star, Lana Condor, who plays Lara Jean in the movie. I fell in love with her watching the movie and knew there was something special about this actress, seeing as how she is able to play Lara Jean so naturally. I know that Lana Condor is going to be popping up on our TV screens a lot more in the future, so why not get to know this talented star now? Here are the top five reasons why Lana Condor is an absolute star:

1.  Lara Jean’s geniality

I can’t imagine replacing Lana Condor with any other actress as Lara Jean because I believe no one could play her as genuinely and sincerely as Lana did.

2. An Instagram icon

Talk about relatable, Lana’s Instagram stories are the most genuine pieces of content on the internet. My favorites are her love for breakfast burritos and how she’s always getting stuck in traffic on her way to work, usually waiting for a train to (slowly) cross the tracks.

3.  A fierce fashion sense

If you’ve been keeping up with her constant photo shoot sessions, you will know that Lana has been working (both fashionably and financially) her way onto some top magazine covers with the sleekest outfits. Not only that, but she looks absolutely stunning in every single clothing item she shoots in.

4.  A wickedly talented actress

If you’ve seen TATBILB, then you know that Lana’s character, Lara Jean, is a shy, energetic, caring, hilarious, quirky bundle of a high school student. Currently, Lana is in the process of filming Deadly Class, a new TV series based on a comic book series of the same name, which comes out on January 16, 2019.

5.  Loves sharing pictures of good food as much as she loves good food

I myself love to bake and cook, but I don’t think I have or ever will be able to make food as delicious as Lana Condor. Her Instagram is just swelling with photos and videos of delectable food, some from restaurants, but the majority coming live from her kitchen. I’m definitely going to have to find a way to get her recipes.

Lana Condor is an idol (for obvious reasons listed above)! She’s very truly one-of-a-kind, and I can only sit patiently on my couch for so long hoping she’ll be hitting the big screen with her next movie soon (fingers crossed Lana signs on to star in a film…like tomorrow, because I am not that patient).

Hi, my name is Alexandria Chapes and I am a senior at UW-Madison. I am majoring in Theatre and Drama as an Acting Specialist with a certificate in Digital Studies. I enjoy writing in my spare time, especially about theatre, because it is a world unknown to many that I loving sharing with others!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!