This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

TikTok, the app for making and sharing unique videos, gives people a change to express themselves to the world. Over the last couple of years, TikTok continues to and has become one of the main sources of entertainment for millennials and Gen Z. The app is full of a variety of different platforms, such as dance, comedy, education, etc. Having this app for over a year, I have realized how addictive it can be and how the most random TikTok profiles can pull me in. Here are five random TikTok accounts that I am obsessed with for no reason.

Chefsanddogs

@Chefsanddogds is a TikTok page that I find extremely satisfying. The guy who runs the account makes gourmet meals for his dogs and shows the step by steps along the way. Some of these dog-friendly meals he makes are cabbage rolls, lasagna, dumplings, smoothies and more. These dogs eat better than me!

Artbells

@Artbells is a TikTok page run by a super sweet girl who is a painter. Her drawings and paintings are so unique, and she has a wide variety of artistic videos that include self-love and mental health awareness. My favorite type of paintings she does are her “funky girl” paintings. She starts out with a blank canvas with no idea what the painting will look like, and just creates a crazy, fun painting of a lady. I would love to buy one of her “funky girl” paintings.

The.royal.basset

@The.royal.basset is a TikTok page for a basset hound named Kaya that is run by her owner. On this account, Kaya’s owner hides a treat in their house and then Kaya has to hunt for it. It is crazy to me how fast Kaya’s nose shows her to the treat. These videos are lighthearted and fun to watch.

Cailtlinandtiptoe

@Caitlinandtiptoe is another lighthearted TikTok page that is about the life of a girl named Caitlin and her 175 pound tortoise. Her videos entail her daily routine with tiptoe; what she feeds him, how she plays with him and how she shows him love. She makes me want to buy a tortoise!

Jeremiahsplants

@Jeremiahsplants is a TikTok page run by a guy named Jeremiah that grows and sells carnivorous plants, like venus fly traps and nepenthes. His videos mainly consist of him feeding wasps and flies to his plants. I do not know why I find it so intriguing, but something about the plants clasping down on the bugs is super satisfying to watch.

There are a lot of random TikTok accounts that I find myself getting sucked into watching for long periods of time. If you ever need a homework break or some down time, hopefully I have convinced you to check out at least one of these TikTok accounts. You will not be disappointed!

Hello everyone! My name is Madelaine Triebold. I am from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, and am currently a Sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am a Journalism B.A. major that is taking the Strategic Communication track with a certificate in Digital Studies. Some fun facts about me are that I am a broadway musical fanatic and that I would gladly spend any day at a badger football game! Find me on instagram @mtriebold!
Kate O’Leary

Wisconsin '23

Kate is currently a senior at the University of Wisconsin Madison majoring in Biology, Psychology and Sociology. She is the proud co-president of Her Campus Wisconsin. Kate enjoys indoor cycling, spending time with friends, cheering on the Badgers and making the absolute best crepes ever!