jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Pumpkin Spice Items You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I had a startling realization during the first week of November. Halloween has once again come and gone much too soon. That’s right, we all have to wait another 365 days for the best holiday of the year. One of my absolute favorite things about Halloween is the re-appearance of all things pumpkin. It’s in grocery stores, cafés (looking at you, Starbucks) and Pillsbury holiday cookies — pumpkins just seem to be everywhere in October. However, just because Halloween is over, it doesn’t mean that pumpkin season is anywhere near finished. In fact, I’m just starting to discover all the new pumpkin concoctions I have yet to try. Here are the best pumpkin spice-themed items I needed but didn’t even know — until recently:

1. Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter

Regular cookie butter is amazing enough as is, but adding pumpkin pie spice makes it infinitely better. Since you can put cookie butter on pastries, cookies and basically anything else you please, this would make a great addition to pumpkin treats (or by itself).

2. Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake Candle

Ok, this candle isn’t technically pumpkin spice — it’s a pumpkin cupcake scent. However, it still has an amazingly delicious scent. If you enjoy walking into your room to a wave of sugary, freshly-baked pumpkin aromas, then you’ve got to give this candle a try.  

3. Boom Chicka Pop Pumpkin Spice Kettlecorn

Who doesn’t love Boom Chicka Pop?  It’s light and airy, so it’s a great snack for when you want something healthy and tasty. Their version of Pumpkin Spice Kettlecorn will definitely get you in the fall mood with its pumpkin-nutmeg flavor — and you can assure yourself that it has a lot fewer calories than a PSL. Enjoy a handful of fall with this delicious snack!

4. Burt’s Bees Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm

I love Burt’s Bees products to begin with — they’re buttery, all-natural and environmentally-friendly (#savethebees.)  But it looks like I’ll have to put down my usual Pomegranate Burt’s in place of this Pumpkin Spice one! Yes, you read that right. At last, Burt’s Bees is giving in to its inner basic by releasing this limited edition fall-themed balm. I can’t wait to add it to my collection, although I’m a little worried that wearing it might make me crave pumpkin treats 24/7 — but hey, that’s why I got the PS Cookie Butter, right?

5. Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice Pillow

If you’ve ever wanted to proclaim to the world that you love fall with a single plush home good, now’s your chance.  Amazon is offering this super cute “Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice” pillow that complements other fall decorations (wicker pumpkins, autumn wreaths, etc.) perfectly. This pillow will keep you and your living room in the fall mood even though October’s long gone.

To all the naysayers who like to declare all things pumpkin as “basic,” I invite you to try any of these items and truly embrace one of the quintessential symbols of fall.  So, drown your post-Halloween blues in a mouthful of pumpkin popcorn or other pumpkin paraphernalia to keep the fall fun alive; after all, it only comes around once a year!

Stephanie Qadir is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Journalism with minors in Business and French language.  This is her fifth semester writing for Her Campus, and she has also acted as treasurer and section editor for the Wisconsin chapter.  She is curently studying abroad in Rome, Italy.  In her free time at school, Stephanie enjoys shopping on State Street, eating ice cream from The Chocolate Shoppe, and sunbathing by Lake Mendota.  For professional inquiries, please contact sqadir@wisc.edu or check out her personal site, www.stephanieqadir.wordpress.com !