This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

One semester down, one more to go! Ending the fall semester stressed out for finals really was less than fun. Thankfully, we had winter break to relax and reset. This brand new year and semester gives us the chance to start over. Start your semester the right way by studying and getting organized early. I have found some new spots for my fellow Badgers to check out! Here are my new 5 favorite places to study in Madison.

Barriques

This coffee shop is located right by the Capitol building. Since Barriques is a hidden gem,  it is not filled with students like the libraries are. It never gets so ridiculously busy that you can’t find a seat. Plus, there’s additional seating in the upstairs section! Aside from all of the space it offers, Barriques has delicious coffee and a variety of food choices.

Cafe Maya

Cafe Maya is another low key coffee shop that is not overflowing with students. It’s perfectly quiet and makes for a great reading spot. This study spot is located on the corner of Main St. and South Bassett St. My favorite drink to get here is a vanilla iced latte, which definitely helps make studying much more enjoyable!

Madison Public Library

Love studying at a library but hate not finding a table? Check out the Madison Public Library. This library is wonderful because it has so many quiet study spaces. This is a great place to study if you need to grind all day.

Fair Trade Coffee House

Fair Trade offers some of the best coffee in Madison. It is a large space, which means there is lots of room for studying. This coffee shop is located in the middle of State Street, so it is not terribly busy, but it still draws more of a crowd than off campus locations. When it’s warm out, they have outdoor seating, which is great for reading.

Memorial Union Study Lounge

I saved the best for last. Located right on Lake Mendota, this room is beautiful. When you get stressed with my work, you can just look up and see the gorgeous lake. There is even a cozy little fireplace in this study spot! 10/10 would recommend exploring the Union to find this perfect space.

If you’re dreading this semester, find a good study space to motivate you to study and to make your study experience fun! There are so many great places on campus to study, but sometimes veering a little further out can be more enjoyable. Good luck this semester to all!

I am a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying journalism with a minor in sports communication.
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.