5 Fictional Characters We’re Still Crushing On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

One of the most enjoyable parts of watching a movie or TV show is when there’s a hot guy to ogle.  Here’s a list of some of our favorite fictional characters from our childhood that we’re definitely still in love with:

1. Jackson Avery, Grey’s Anatomy

Shoutout to Shonda for creating a show where essentially every male lead is a solid ten!  We can’t forget about McDreamy… or Mark Sloan… or Owen Hunt… but Jackson Avery is honestly a beautiful human, and no matter how disappointing Season 12 gets, we’ll keep watching as long as we get to see Jackson.

2. Jacob Black, Twilight Series

TBT middle school and the days when we screamed in the movie theater when our favorite werewolf took off his shirt and flashed his impressive 8-pack.  Even if you’re Team Edward, you can’t deny that Jacob Black is definitely easy on the eyes!

3. Noah Calhoun, The Notebook

The Notebook very well may be one of the most romantic movies out there, and choosing Ryan Gosling to play Noah Calhoun just makes this movie that much better.

4. Uncle Jesse, Full House

90’s kids will remember Full House and crushing on Uncle Jesse. The hair, the eyes, the smile… ugh!  Although he’s not necessarily a teen heartthrob, Jesse Katsopolis is still gorgeous. 

5. Troy Bolton, High School Musical

Troy Bolton is the perfect guy—I mean c’mon!  He’s athletic, he’s social, he dances, he sings… Even today at the age of 28, he’s still a complete hottie.  No wonder our ten-year-old selves are still obsessed with him!

These are just a few of our favorite characters from the middle school days that we may or may not still be in love with.  Who else are you still crushing on?

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!