5 Books to Read When You’re Stressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As midterms turn into finals and that paper you’ve been pretending doesn’t exist is due next week, reading for fun is probably the last thing on your mind. Even though you may want to spend your limited downtime watching TV, curling up with your favorite book can be an even better way to de-stress. Take breaks from studying this fall with these classic books.

1. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

Four best friends are brought together by a pair of jeans that mysteriously fits all four girls perfectly. Follow Carmen, Lena, Bridget and Tibby as they navigate love, family and heartbreak in this heartwarming series.

2.  Looking for Alaska

In John Green’s first novel, Miles Halter is looking for a new start at boarding school when he meets the enigmatic Alaska Young. This emotional coming of age novel reminds us all of the importance of friendship and support.

3. The Notebook

If there was ever a book that made us ugly cry, The Notebook was it. Noah and Allie’s story shows us that true love really does last forever.

4. Me Before You

Sheltered Louisa Clarke is shown a whole new world when she becomes the caretaker to Will Traynor, a quadriplegic. Me Before You proves how just one person can completely change your entire life. 

5. The Harry Potter Series

There’s no better way to de-stress than to spend some time at Hogwarts with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Relive your childhood by immersing yourself in the magical world of Harry Potter.

College is stressful, and it can be hard to find time just to take a break. Nevertheless, take some time to yourself this semester to enjoy the simple pleasure of reading a good book.

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!