This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

College football season may be nearing an end for the year, but that doesn’t mean tailgating needs to! Luckily, we still have a few more months of pro football to indulge in some tasty tailgate or football party treats. Here are some food items you should bring along — or just hope will show up — at the tailgate!

1. Pulled Pork Sandwiches

If you want to have a sandwich but want to spice it up a little bit, pulled pork sandwiches are a great alternative to burgers and hotdogs. You can top them off with some creamy coleslaw and pickles, too.

2. Taco Dip

You can never go wrong with taco dip. It will always be the most popular item at any tailgate, so make sure you bring extra and try to eat it before it’s gone. Something about taco dip really fills me up, so eat plenty if you’re planning on consuming alcohol.

3. Spinach Artichoke Dip

Some people are super picky about spinach artichoke dip, but it’s another fairly popular dip. The great thing about it is that you can use many different dippers. Crackers like Wheat Thins, Ritz, pretzels are great — basically, anything carb-like would work. You can also serve this warm or cold; so depending on the weather, this could keep you cool or keep you warm!

4. Buffalo Wings

Always a football classic. You can sauce bone-in or boneless wings up with various flavors. My personal favorite is boneless honey barbeque. You can make them or order them from a bar and grill!

5. Burgers & Hot Dogs

You can grill burgers and hot dogs if you’re really feeling boring — just kidding! But, burgers and hot dogs are the most basic tailgate food. There are so many more flavorful food items you could tailgate with. However, if you feel like sticking with something basic and easy to make, these two are perfect.

Give some of these easy food items a try if you haven’t already. If you haven’t even tailgated before, you must before college football season is over! But if you’re sticking with pro football, you still have until February to try some of these tasty bites!

Food lover - dance enthusiast - professional napper.