5 Best Movies Coming to Theaters this November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

November is here! Take a break from school, and check out some of the awesome movies coming out this month — you deserve it! Here are the top five movies that have been, or will be, released this November.

1. Justice League

PG-13 2017 ‧ Fantasy/Science fiction film ‧ 1h 59m

Your favorite heroes, together at last.

Justice League follows Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and his new ally, Diana Prince (Gal Gadot), on their mission to stand against a newly awakened enemy. Despite the formation of an unprecedented league of heroes — Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash — it may be too late to save the planet from evil.

2. Thor: Ragnarok

PG-13 2017 ‧ Fantasy/Science fiction film ‧ 2h 10m

Here it comes, Justice League’s biggest rival of the season. Thor: Ragnarok is definitely going to deliver a good time for Marvel nerds this November. Starring Chris Hemsworth, Cate Blanchett and Tom Hiddleston, Thor: Ragnarok tells the story of the third chapter in Marvel’s series about the ancient God of Thunder. It is much less serious and dark than the previous Thor film; the audience is expecting it to be more light-hearted, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.  

3. Olaf’s Frozen Adventure

2017 ‧ Fantasy/Short Film ‧ 21 mins

Remember Frozen? Well, the franchise is coming back this November with a short film! Olaf goes on a merry mission to bring Arendelle, and more importantly, Elsa and Anna the greatest family traditions in order to save Christmas! Although it is only 21 minutes long, Olaf’s Frozen Adventure will sure bring you winter vibes. You’ll have a fun time watching it!

4. Polaroid

2017 ‧ Horror

Directed by Lars Klevberg, the story is based on a vintage Polaroid camera that possesses evil and mysterious secrets. A high school girl finds out the dark powers of the camera when people who have had their picture taken by the camera face tragic deaths. If you are a huge horror/thriller fan, Polaroid will be a great choice for you this November.

5. Daddy’s Home 2

PG-13 2017 ‧ Comedy/Family ‧ 1h 40m

It’s almost holiday season again! The sequel to Daddy’s Home (2015) is came out Nov. 10. Starring Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Linda Cardellini, John Cena and John Lithow, the storyline focus on the life of Brad and Dusty (Ferrell and Wahlberg), who are co-parenting Dusty’s children. Drama ensues when their fathers visit for the holidays, though. Grab some friends, get into your holiday appeal, and enjoy this Christmas comedy film!

Happy November, and happy watching!

Communication Arts student who specializes in social media marketing. Extensive background in Digital Studies and French.