This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

What better way to relax from a stressful first semester than grabbing a fuzzy blanket and watching Christmas movies on everyone’s favorite streaming site! So make some extra popcorn and hot chocolate, and get ready for a movie marathon with the best holiday movies Netflix has to offer!

1. Love Actually

This movie intertwines the storylines of different people whose lives and loves all seem disconnected and how the Christmas season affects them. This modern classic is the perfect holiday rom-com and will leave you with a happy feeling in your heart!

2. How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Who doesn’t love a little Jim Carrey and all the high-key relatable jokes that you understand now that you’re older? The Grinch is a must-watch for the Christmas season and reminds everyone that kindness is the best gift of all this holiday season.

3. A Christmas Prince (and A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding)

Netflix’s top Christmas movie from 2017 now has a sequel! This holiday movie follows the cheesy plot that you would expect from a Netflix Original Film, but the mediocre acting still fills the heart with joy. For those who enjoy the first movie and NEED to know more about Amber and Nick’s relationship, Netflix has recently added A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding for your enjoyment.

4. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas

A little throwback to everyone’s childhood with stories starring everyone’s favorite mouse. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas is a great movie to make you feel like a kid again! Watch and listen to Mickey and his friends tell stories about the holiday season to get you in the mood!

5. The Princess Switch

While this isn’t High School Musical, who can’t resist a movie starring Vanessa Hudgens? A holiday spin on The Parent Trap, a duchess and a baker switch places during the Christmas season — meaning that we get double the Vanessa!

Indulge yourself this holiday season and catch up on the best Christmas movies of the year!

Rachel Hietpas

Wisconsin '20

Rachel is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is double majoring in political science and economics, and hopes to attend law school after her bachelors degree. Her passions include reading, drinking coffee, and dog-watching!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!