44 Thoughts When the Weather App Says it “Feels Like -15 Degrees”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

44 thoughts that go through your head when the weather app says it “feels like -15 degrees”

1.     **ALARM GOES OFF AT 9:12 A.M.**

2.     This ringtone is super annoying, why don’t I have it set to like, a fun song?

3.     Oh I remember why I didn’t do that, I would start to HATE that song

4.     Time to get out of bed but first, let’s check my phone

5.     **17 minutes wasted checking emails, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Timehop, BuzzFeed, Yik Yak, and FINALLY… the weather**

6.     UHHHHHH, ONE DEGREE?!?!

7.     UHHHHHH, FEELS LIKE NEGATIVE 15 DEGREES?

8.     No, thanks.

9.     But I have to go to class.

10. Quick think of a really good excuse.

11. Dear Professor Smith, I’m sorry that I can’t come to class today but I just got an email from my dream job in my dream city saying that they want to hire me, but they MUST speak to me on the phone from 10-10:50 a.m. (aka the hours of your class).

12. Delete that, you’re going to class.

13. Would it be weird to wear two pairs of leggings to class?

14. Why do we call it a “pair” of leggings if it is just one article of clothing?

15. **Puts on bra, followed by tank top, followed by t-shirt, followed by long sleeve shirt, followed by sweater, followed by scarf.**

16. Hahahaha this reminds me of that episode of Friends when Joey puts on all of Chandler’s clothing.

17. **Stares at self in mirror** “Hi I’m Chandler Bing, could I BE wearing anymore clothes?”

18. LOL, classic.

19. ITS 9:40 YOU MUST LEAVE THIS APARTMENT IN FIVE MINUTES!!!!

20. Laptop, backpack, gloves, hat, Ugg snow boots (hey, they’re warm), wallet, keys, phone, LET’S DO THIS.

21. This isn’t so bad; I’m so bundled up.

22. I’m going to be fine.

23. **STEPS OUTSIDE**

24. I AM NOT FINE!!!!!!

25. Wow that wind really slaps you in the face, doesn’t it?

26. Hey at least it kind of woke me up?

27. Speaking of waking up, coffee, I need coffee.

28. If anyone thinks I am walking 15 minutes in this straight-from-hell day (actually not really from Hell because then it would be unbearably hot, right?) they are seriously mistaken.

29. BUS, IT IS.

30. **Stands at bus stop shivering uncontrollably**

31. Oh my god it is so cold it hurts.

32. There are tears running down my face, but it’s so cold that the tears are freezing. Literally turning solid.

33. I HAVE TEAR ICICLES ON MY FACE.

34. These gloves were clearly not tested in very low temperatures.

35. I have lost feeling in my pinky fingers. I feel like my pointer fingers are next.

36. Even with two pairs of leggings, my legs are not happy.

37. YESSSSS. The bus is coming.

38. Oh great, me and 50 other students had the same idea.

39. Bus. Too. Crowded. Must. Not. Spill. Coffee.

40. Ah this is my stop, time for class.

41. **Learning stuff, taking notes, raising my hand, checking Facebook, asking questions, blah, blah, blah.**

42. AAAAAND now I have to go back outside and do it all over again.

43. When’s the next bus?

44. Inspiration to get home quickly: my bed, pajamas and Netflix to keep me warm. 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!