This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s finally the day of Halloween; but since it’s on a Tuesday, most of us have midterms and class the next day. Though school shouldn’t have to stop someone from going out on a holiday, it’s also ideal to opt out of the festivities when you have a 7:45 a.m. class the next day. Fortunately, there are plenty of other ways to celebrate such a thematic holiday.

1. Have a Halloween Movie Marathon

The best part of Halloween is the abundance of movies, from the classics (Halloweentown, anyone?) to horror. Grab some friends and a bag of assorted fun-sized candy and watch all the Halloween-themed movies you can find. If you decide not to go out, this is a great and cozy alternative for a cold Halloween night.

2. Throw a Low-Key Halloween Party

You can still party — but with a small group of friends. Throw a small get-together, because you should never spend a holiday alone. You can even turn it into a study party if you have a midterm the next day.

3. Carve/ Paint Pumpkins

What better way to get into the true spirit of Halloween than to decorate some pumpkins? With a few supplies, you and your friends can get together to carve and paint pumpkins. It’s a creative activity that makes great decorations. Plus, you can take the excess pumpkin seeds and roast them in the oven!

4. Make Halloween Treats

If you live in an apartment, spend some bonding time with your roommates by making some DIY holiday treats. Nothing is better than eating candies and sweets on Halloween, and there are so many yummy options out there themed for the holiday. You can take any regular dessert and turn it into the spookiest treat. Let out your inner baker, even if you don’t typically cook.

You had the weekend starts the festivities; now, you can end the holiday with alternative forms of celebration. All of these options are perfect for your inner lazy girl. Sometimes it’s best to stick to the traditions of Halloween, and the fact that the holiday falls on a weekday helps make these options even more convenient.

Samantha Zecca

Wisconsin '20

Samantha is currently a junior studying retail and consumer behavior with certificates in entrepreneurship and digital studies. If she's not at the library, you can find her sitting at the memorial union terrace or trying out a new restaurant in Madison. Samantha is originally from New Jersey, but her favorite place to be is NYC going on day adventures either seeing a Broadway show, shopping, or visiting museums. From the midwest to the east coast, she has a lot to share.