4 Types of Cozy Coats You Need This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The city of Madison bundles up as the snow starts to fall and the lakes start to freeze. Finding the perfect coat for the winter can be difficult; but when you do find that coat, you end up wearing it day in and day out. Since winter, a time that makes us all want to curl up and stay inside, is such a huge part of a Wisconsinite’s life, it’s important that we gear up with warm, cute coats so we can embrace the season.

Check out this list of stylish, cozy coats we came up with to keep you feeling trendy even during the coldest time of the year!

1. The Puffer

For those semi-chilly days of winter when you don’t have to cover your legs, wear one of these chic puffers with a cropped sweater and booties. Puffers are fun and comfy, and they’re pieces you’ll never get sick of.

A&F, Down Filled Puffer Coat – $90

Urban Outfitters, Corduroy Puffer – $109

Free People, Cold Rush Puffer Coat (pictured above) – $98

2. The Classic Wool

You’ll feel sophisticated and warm when you layer up with one of these classics. A wool coat will last forever and can be worn for any occasion; you’ll feel put together even when wearing a pair of sneakers and sweats.  

Forever 21, Longline Open-Front Coat – $58

ASOS, Warehouse Double Breasted Tailored Coat – $153

TopShop, Double Face Coat – $180 (pictured above)

3. The Faux Fur/Shearling

Faux fur is all the rage this season, and we’re loving it. The shearling trim on each of these jackets will add a little something to your outfit while keeping you cozy on chilly days.

Nordstrom, Faux Shearling Oversized Jacket – $89

H&M, Jacket with Faux Fur Lining – $69.99

Urban Outfitters, Tally Teddy Trucker Jacket – $109 (pictured above)

4. The Full-on Parka

Investing in one of these babies is your best bet for staying warm during Wisconsin winters. You’ll love yourself on those windy, snowy mornings knowing you have a parka to keep you from completely freezing.

ASOS, New Look Faux Fur Trim Parka Coat – $72

Urban Outfitters, Up North Parka Jacket – $179

Nordstrom, Faux Fur Trim Down & Feather Fill Parka – $199.90 (pictured above)

Stay cozy this season with any one of these stylish jackets. Plus, with these fun pieces, you’ll never be bored with your winter wardrobe.

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!