4 TV Spin Offs We Need in Our Lives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Last week, the 90s gods rained down on us and finally released a sneak peak of what we’ve all been waiting for, the first trailer for Girl Meets World. The Disney Channel exclusive, which airs this summer, follows Boy Meets World’s Corey and Topanga Matthews as they raise their family in New York City. Now that Mr. Feeny is heading back into the classroom to educate the next generation of Velcro haired boys, here are four more spin offs we’re dying to see:

Grey’s Anatomy

Before I fell in love with Meredith Grey, Izzie was my girl. I cried with her when Denny died, cried again (out of happiness) when she married Alex, and couldn’t speak for days when she left Grey’s Anatomy in season six. One of the reasons I tune into Grey’s week after week is because some part of me still believes that Izzie could make a comeback. Where is Izzie Stevens now? Did her cancer come back? Did she ever really get over Denny? Did she give up surgery forever? The world may never know.

Friends

Even after ten seasons, it was hard to see Friends go. Despite the occasional reunion rumor, it’s pretty clear the gang has moved on, even if we haven’t. Although a majority of the show revolved around Ross and Rachel’s on-again off-again relationship, they are not the couple whose post-Friends life I’m dying to see. In this Desperate Housewives-esque spinoff, we find Monica and Chandler raising their family in the suburbs, shuttling their kids to soccer practice and Hebrew school (yes, Monica would win and the twins would be raised Jewish), and reminiscing about their city life while Chandler denies his receding hairline

90210

90210’s series finale may have been the biggest upset since Kentucky beat the Badgers in the Final Four (oh wait…). Although we got some serious closure when Liam and Annie finally ended up together, Silver’s story line was left with too many loose ends. Now that we know she has cancer (sorry for the spoiler), I constantly ask myself where her life has gone. On top of that, wondering if Max and Naomi found their way back to each other keeps me up at night. Luckily, AnnaLynne McCord (Naomi) created this alternate ending to hold us over until the producers can be convinced to bring 90210 back.

Rugrats

After literally growing up with the Rugrats clan, we got a taste of their preteen lives with All Grown Up! in 2001. We saw Angelica blossom from a spoiled tot to an equally bratty twelve-year-old, making certain that her high school life would be a scene straight out of Mean Girls. Angelica would clearly be cast as Regina George and you can bet she’d rock the slutty bunny costume for Halloween.

Izzie left Grey’s Anatomy four years ago, Monica and Chandler’s twins would be ten this May, we first met the new 90210 cast six years ago, and if the Rugrats were still around, they’d be college grads. If that doesn’t make you feel old (especially you seniors), I don’t know what will.  

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com