This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It might seem as though men is all women can talk about in movies, but that’s not true always true. In fact, all of these movies pass the Bechdel test with flying colors; this means that they each feature at least two female characters who converse about things other than men. The test makes sure that women are being represented fairly in our favorite Hollywood movies!

1. Bridesmaids

This star-studded, quirky comedy is about the rivalry between two bridesmaids and their fight for the bride’s attention. Although it may seem like it pits two women against each other, the girls actually come together in the end. It teaches viewers that friendships aren’t always perfect.

2. Legally Blonde

Sure, Elle Woods only decides to go to Harvard so that she could win back her ex, but it doesn’t take her very long to realize that he doesn’t deserve her. Once she realizes her worth, she works hard to become a successful lawyer. She proves that she’s so much more than just a pretty face.

3. 13 Going on 30

Jenna has way bigger problems than boys when she transforms from a 13-year-old girl to a 30-year-old woman. She instead focuses on her job, friendships, and “adult-ing.” The movie teaches meaningful lessons about growing up and life in general, so the romance between her and her childhood friend is really just a bonus.

4. Miss Congeniality

Gracie Hart is way more concerned with saving lives than with men when she goes undercover at a beauty pageant. Sure, she does have a love interest, but her main priority is kicking butt and doing her job. The movie also emphasizes the importance of solidarity and support among women — pretty awesome, huh?

This month is Women’s History Month, so there’s no better time to watch some empowering movies than now. Gather up your gal pals and get watching!