This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Both fashionable and functional, scarves are the perfect accessory to add a little something to any outfit you wear this season. From bandannas to blankets, check out our guide to scarves for this season.

1. The Neck Scarf

Refresh your look with this unique French-girl-chic scarf. Tie a bandanna around your neck, et voila! Pair with a simple sweater, jeans and some sweet loafers.

2. The Plaid Scarf

Get into the scarf season with a classic plaid. No matter the pattern, this piece will dress up your outfit and give it a seasonal feel. Try styling with a bright chunky sweater, light wash jeans and a simple pair of booties.

• Aberdeen Plaid Scarf from Anthroplogie ($68)
  • Prince of Whales Checkered Scarf from Urban Outfitters ($29)
  • Pieces Jalle Heritage Check Long Scarf from ASOS ($29)

3. The Multicolored Scarf

If you’re like me, your wardrobe involves a lot of neutral colors. It never hurts to get a little spunky, though; so try a brightly colored scarf! It not only adds a little pop of color to your outfit, it is easy to throw on and looks super cute.

• Color My World Stripe Scarf from Free People ($58)
  • Ribbed Trim Oblong Scarf from Forever 21 ($12.90)
  • Color Blocked Fluffy Knit Long Scarf (pictured above) from ASOS ($29)

4. The Blanket Scarf

A blanket scarf is the perfect accessory to wear for warmth on those chilly fall days. I mean, who wouldn’t want to carry a super soft blanket everywhere anyway? Pair this with a fleecy pair of joggers, cozy socks and a thin sweater to stay real comfy during class.

Stradivarius Blanket Scarf from ASOS ($26)

Kennedy Waffle Knit Scarf from Free People ($48)

Placed Plaid Cape Scarf from Madewell ($64.50)

So, dress up your fall wardrobe with any of these scarves this season! You’ll stay comfy and cozy and will look chic no matter where you go.

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!