Style

4 Modest Fashion Bloggers You NEED to be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Modest fashion is something that not a lot of people know much about. Some people decide to dress modestly due to religious reasons, or they just want to wear more clothes. People have their reasons on why they decide to follow this fashion route. However, it can be quite hard to find modest fashion inspiration especially in a country that doesn’t lean towards modest fashion. As a woman who likes modest fashion, I sometimes find it difficult to find fashion inspiration that fits my taste. The modest fashion I find  on Pinterest tends to be a little bit old fashioned and not up to par with the trends going on during that particular season. If you are a woman that has a hard time getting inspiration, want to know more about modest fashion or don’t know where to start, here are four modest fashion bloggers to check out.

Shabad Batal

Shabad is personally my favorite fashion blogger to follow and is also the main reason why I started to shop at ASOS. Her fashion style is a mixture of casual and feminine. Plus, she makes modest fashion look so effortless. She also has a Youtube channel that features lookbooks, beauty vlogs and travel vlogs. Shabad recently released a style edit with ASOS, and I am ready to splurge on everything!

Chinutay

As a person that loves to wear dresses, Chinutay showcases different styles of dresses I would try. Although I follow her for fashion inspiration, she is known as a popular beauty vlogger and for owning her own hijab brand. 

Sarah Atiq

Color, color, color! I live for color! Sarah’s feed is filled with bold hues that she is able to pull off! Also, she makes modest fashion look fun and appealing. I love when a woman wears strong, bold colors because I believe it expresses one’s personality and adds some brightness into the day.

Hodan Yousuf

Hodan strongly gives off street style goals with an edgy vibe. I love the way she incorporates layering with a modest style! Her fashion style is very unique, which I love. I can’t wait until we can go outside again, so I can try out the different inspiration I’m getting from her style.

These modest fashion bloggers make modest fashion look fun and interesting to try. Dressing modestly doesn’t have to be part of your everyday style, but it could be something to check out. 

Cynthia Ubah grew up in Maryland. She is attending University of Wisconsin-Madison pursuing International Studies with a certificate in Global Health and East Asian Studies. She hopes to work and live in South Korea for a few years. If you are looking for someone to watch Korean drama with or listen to Kpop, she is your girl. Her interests are God, cooking, hangout with friends, reading books, learning Korean, and fashion. Check out her blog at https://mylifeinthemoments.wixsite.com/mysite .
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.