4 Holiday Dresses You Need This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Huge coats have been your new best friend since the temperature dropped dramatically, but that shouldn’t stop you from dressing up for some glitz and glam this holiday season. Finding the perfect holiday dress can be tough, so here’s a list of some outfit inspirations for when you need some more formal attire this holiday season. Check out this list of hot, trendy dresses that you can wear for all your upcoming holiday events:

1. Ruffles: “Sheer Tiered-Ruffle Dress” by Forever 21 ($24.90)

This is the perfect statement piece to wow your family and friends this winter season. You can never go wrong with a little bit of ruffle. This classy but bold dress is super affordable and can be worn on a night out or to your next holiday family gathering.  

2. Simple, but Sassy: “You Glow Girl Silver and Navy Blue Backless Skater Dress” by Lulus ($57)

Simple and sweet, skater dresses are the go-to holiday dresses this season. With an open back, this dress is very versatile and can be worn on any occasion — fancy or laid-back. Pair this dress with some black or nude heels.

3. Velvet: “Something Something Bodycon by Free People ($78)

Velvet dresses are the most popular trend of the year, and it’s especially fitting for the holiday season. Whether you choose to dress it up or down, you’re definitely going to turn heads in this little black dress wherever you are. The lacey high neck adds a nice touch of flair to this already adorable dress.

4. Sequin: “Motel Fabia Sequin Surplice Dress” by Urban Outfitters ($79)

Looking to stand out from everyone else at your next New Year’s Eve party? This gorgeous sequin dress will make everyone stop and take a second look. This dress is a night-out staple, and you will need this for when you countdown the last few minutes of 2017.

Whether you’re going to a swanky party or a casual kickback, you’ll be able to create the perfect holiday look with any one of these dresses. Fight the cold, and look your best this holiday season.