4 Easy Ways to Prepare Yourself for Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As much as everyone loves fall, we cannot deny the fact that the end of October meant that we are now much closer to winter. And after an entire summer and fall of nearly perfect weather, it is easy to deny that we’re about to experience months and months of negative-degrees and mountains of snow. So, here are four easy ways to help prepare yourself for winter:

1.Clean out your closet.

Let’s face it — most of us have crazily small closets; so when you can no longer wear your favorite summer clothes, it’s time to pack them away to make room for your winter wardrobe. Plus, cleaning out your closet just so happens to be the perfect excuse to go shopping.

2. Gather your winter essentials.

Having a warm parka, a hat, a pair of mittens, a warm pair of boots and a tons of scarves is essential for survival, especially since we trek across campus day in and day out in the middle of winter.

3. Switch up your decorations.

As cute as those pumpkin decorations are, they just cannot stay up the whole year. One way to make yourself feel a little better about the changing weather is decorating for the new season. So, grab as many snowflake and snowman decorations as you can. Don’t forget, Bath and Body Works always has fun scents for winter.

4. Change your skincare routine.

The cold, harsh air of winter can really dry out your skin and cause damage, so it’s really important to find products that protect your skin. Follow the tips above.

Hopefully, these easy preparations for winter got you past the first phase (i.e. denial) of entering winter. We hope they left you feeling less stressed about the impending cold. But hey, don’t be so sad just yet — it’s time to get excited about all the hot chocolate that comes with winter!

Ali is a freshmen at UW Madison majoring in Fashion Design and International Studies trying to pursue her dreams of one day owning her own company.