This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Every morning I find myself jumping back and forth between my fridge and my pantry looking for something to eat before class. A granola bar just never seems to satisfy my hunger, and with breakfast being the most important meal of the day, it is important to choose a filling option. Breakfast can be many different things — sweet, salty or somewhere in the middle. These ideas require minimal ingredients, can be prepared in less than 5 minutes and are all healthy options! 

Eggs

Eggs are pretty versatile because you can cook them in so many different ways. If you find yourself rushing in the morning, hard boiled eggs are for you. Eggs cooked on the stovetop can be topped with some avocado, salt and pepper to add flavor. Trader Joe’s “Everything But the Bagel” sesame seasoning is another topping that will spice up your eggs, no matter how you cook them. 

Overnight Oats 

Overnight oats give you a perfectly prepared breakfast with no mess or work in the morning. All the ingredients get mixed into a mason jar and can be eaten cold or heated up in the microwave. My favorite recipe is the following: 

½ cup diced honey crisp apples, blueberries or pumpkin

½ teaspoon cinnamon 

1 cup gluten free oats

1 tablespoon chia seeds

½ teaspoon vanilla

½ tablespoon honey

Combine all the ingredients, shake the mason jar and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Enjoy in the morning! 

Granola with Almond Milk 

At this point, I have grown out of the sugary cereals that I used to eat when I was younger. I want something healthier that gets me through my day. Granola is a much healthier option, and unlike other cereals, when it is mixed with milk it doesn’t get soggy. It’s crunchy and you can find it in any flavor that satisfies you! 

Prepared Smoothie 

I think the reason most people don’t have smoothies in the morning is the fact that fruit goes bad quickly, and it takes a while to prepare in the morning. My solution for that is a prepared frozen smoothie. If you cut up your fruits and portion them into plastic bags, you can stick them in the freezer. If you’re someone who likes yogurt in your smoothies, you can put yogurt into ice trays and add them to the bags once they are frozen. When you want a smoothie in the morning, just add some almond milk and you’re set. Smoothies are a healthy, satisfying option. 

Breakfast can be tough when you’re in a pinch, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your taste buds. These options can be prepared quickly and will keep you satisfied until lunch time. Spice up your morning routine and try these options tomorrow!

Amelia is currently a sophomore at UW-Madison pursuing a degree in Marketing with certificates in Sports Communications and Digital Studies. She is passionate about everything sports, running and dogs.
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.