This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I can without a doubt declare that I love brunch more than any other meal, and Madison is the perfect place for that type of food craving — we have brunch restaurants on what appears to be every block (next to the copious amounts of coffee shops). There are so many options, though, that I can almost never pick just one when it’s time to decide! This  list includes some of the best places to get brunch in Madison. No matter which one you pick, you are sure to receive delicious food!

1. Short Stack Eatery

Short Stack Eatery is one of the more unique brunch restaurants I’ve been to in Madison, although they are only open Wednesday through Sunday. Because of their limited hours, they usually have a gigantic line running out their door and around the block. Man, their customers are loyal. One of my favorite things about Short Stack are the ticket stubs, letters, postcards and pictures pressed under the glass sheet on each table — each table has its own story. If you take a good look at your surroundings, you will start to notice that most of their décor has been crafted out of kitchen utensils (i.e.: a chandelier made of whisks). However, let’s get down to what really matters: the food. Their dishes are made with some of the freshest ingredients I’ve ever tasted — you can tell that they put a lot of love into their food. One of my personal favorites is the Chocolate Chip Short Stack, which consists of three chocolate chip pancakes topped with whipped cream and homemade maple syrup (the real stuff). If you are looking for a fun, fresh place to eat brunch right near the Capitol, Short Stack Eatery is the place for you!

2. Mickies Dairy Bar

Mickies Dairy Bar is also another delicious brunch spot that also always has a line; but let me tell you, it is worth the wait! You get a classic diner feel as soon as you step inside. Every table is lined up tightly next to the other, which makes for a cozy, friendly environment. If you’re lucky enough to get a seat at the bar, you’ll also get a sneak peek into what goes on behind the scenes. It’s a fast-paced environment down at Mickies, which means your meal is always going to come out piping hot. I ordered a Scrambler last time I was there. The dish consists of scrambled eggs and cheese, meat and veggies of your choice, with a side of toast and gravy. I have never received so much food in my life! Make sure you come to Mickies starving — expect to bring home one to two meals worth of leftovers otherwise.

3. Bassett Street Brunch Club

While Bassett Street Brunch Club is only a few blocks away from Short Stack Eatery, the two aren’t exactly comparable. Bassett Street is one of the classiest brunch restaurants I’ve ever been to. You will be immediately drawn to their oversized booths, modern décor and low lighting when you walk in — they really know how to set the mood at Bassett Street. Their guests seem to enjoy their outdoor seating as well — it’s always packed on their patio! I went to Bassett Street with a friend not too long ago. She ordered the Eggs Benedicto, which entails two poached eggs on an English muffin, salsa verde, roasted tomatoes, roasted tomato hollandaise sauce, candied prosciutto and baby arugula. She said it was definitely the fanciest plate of eggs benedict she had ever seen. You won’t be able to help but take a picture when you get your plate — the presentation is flawless. If you are looking to spice up your brunch food game, go to Bassett Street Brunch Club.

4. Sunroom Café

Sunroom Café is by far one of my favorite brunch spots because of its wonderful view. Since it’s up on the second floor, you can look right out onto State Street while enjoying your delicious food if you’re able to snag a window seat. Sunroom Café feels like home to me: it’s got a welcoming atmosphere, and the food tastes like what my mom would make. I thoroughly enjoy the Florentine Omelet, which blends eggs, mushrooms, spinach and feta together. It’s also served with a side of potatoes and toast. The prices are quite reasonable as well. You really can’t go wrong with Sunroom Café when choosing a place to eat brunch.

Now that I have made all of you extremely hungry (because I know I am), it is time for you to go out and try one — or all — of these brunch places. In any case, the food will satisfy your taste buds to no end and get you begging for more.

Hi, my name is Alexandria Chapes and I am a senior at UW-Madison. I am majoring in Theatre and Drama as an Acting Specialist with a certificate in Digital Studies. I enjoy writing in my spare time, especially about theatre, because it is a world unknown to many that I loving sharing with others!