This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you are looking for a night out at the theatre, the UW Theatre Department has lined up a spectacular season of productions for you this spring. This season’s shows feature a range of genres (from fantasy to murder-mystery), settings (bowling alleys to the deep woods) and cast sizes (anywhere from 19 to four), making every performance a unique experience lacking resemblance between productions. This spring, there are three shows that I think are must-sees for every student on campus.

Into the Woods

Into the Woods is a musical by Stephen Sondheim in which fairytale characters such as Cinderella, Little Red Ridinghood, and Jack (from Jack and the Beanstalk) venture into the magical woods within their kingdom each set out to complete a task of their own. This particular production of Into the Woods is a collaboration between UW-Madison’s Theatre Department and Music School. Into the Woods premieres February 21st-24th in the Memorial Union’s Shannon Hall.

Twilight Bowl

Twilight Bowl follows the lives of six girls as they begin to experience life as adults in rural Wisconsin. This play heeds the idea of what it means to make big ‘life decisions,’ particularly when they impact others. Twilight Bowl premieres April 11th-28th in Vilas Hall’s Hemsley Theatre.

39 Steps

Adapted from Hitchcock’s acclaimed film, 39 Steps exudes the mystery, murder and quick-wit of the original film, all performed by a cast of four actors! This show is sure to guarantee an evening of laughs. 39 Steps premieres April 25th-28th in Vilas Hall’s Mitchell Theatre.

If you are interested in attending any of the productions listed above, you can buy tickets here!

Hi, my name is Alexandria Chapes and I am a senior at UW-Madison. I am majoring in Theatre and Drama as an Acting Specialist with a certificate in Digital Studies. I enjoy writing in my spare time, especially about theatre, because it is a world unknown to many that I loving sharing with others!