3 Fall Baking Recipes for Every College Kitchen Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Fall is the best time of year to pull out those oven mitts and get baking! You can never have too many cinnamon and spice smells floating through your apartment, house or dorm, so check out these fall baking recipes for every college kitchen situation!

1. Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

Living in an old house with limited counter space and a not-so-reliable oven seems to be a common predicament for many college bakers. The solution: shortbread. Make these buttery, amazing cookies using one bowl and a baking sheet. The time in the oven is short and it’s easy to tell when they’re done: even your questionable oven won’t be able to mess them up!

Check out this recipe for cranberry orange chocolate chip shortbread cookies – if you’re not into these fillings or think they’re just a little too holiday for you right now, just make up your own!

2. Microwavable Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

In the dorms, the microwave is a baker’s BFF. Mug cakes, mac and cheese, a filet of salmon, cheesecake… there’s no limit to what a microwave can prepare. One of the best microwavable bake ideas I’ve ever come across though are these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. A lack of kitchen will no longer keep you from participating in the seasonal fall baking that you look forward to every year with this recipe!

3. Apple Cake

For the more advanced college kitchen, try making this seasonal apple cake! It’s the perfect time to head to the farmers market or an apple orchard, pick a bag of apples and get baking. You could make a typical apple pie, but why not try something a little more unique instead? Click here for this amazing apple cake recipe that will wow anyone you share it with.

When apples are in season and the leaves begin to fall, just because your kitchen is a little tricky to work in, doesn’t mean you should miss out on fall baking. With these recipes, you’ll be fall bakin’ in no time.

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!