This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Happy November! Now that we’re strolling into the month, you can begin to dream about all the good Thanksgiving food you’ll enjoy over break. Thanksgiving isn’t just about the turkey or the pie; it’s also about the delicious appetizers that prepare you for the big meal. Here are three delicious and easy appetizers that will surely have your guest’s mouth watering for more!

1. Loaded Cheese Ball Bites

For all you cheese lovers out there, this first recipe is for you. It’s the classic loaded cheese ball bites. These bites contain cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mascarpone cheese. It only takes about 11 minutes to both cook and prepare. To begin, you’ll combine the cream cheese and the mascarpone. Once it’s thoroughly mixed together, you’ll roll them into a ball shape. Now, this is the fun part, you can roll your cheese ball in cranberries, chives or any other ingredient of your choice. Once you’ve done this place them in the refrigerator until ready to serve!

2. Bacon Spinach Dip

This recipe is a delicious play on the traditional spinach dip — bacon spinach dip! In total, this recipe will take about 45 minutes and contains about eight ingredients. You’ll begin this recipe by heating your oven to 350 degrees and mixing mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream and paprika. Once it’s thoroughly mixed, you’ll transfer your mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle mozzarella over it. After that step is completed, you’ll throw it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it’s bubbly and golden. For the best taste, it’s advised to serve it with croutons or bread.

3. Pigs in a Pretzel

This last recipe is for the little kid within you. It’ll take a total of 50 minutes and includes about five ingredients. To complete this appetizer, you’ll set your oven to 450 degrees and begin by wrapping biscuit dough around your mini hot dogs. Next, you will sprinkle coarse salt on the dogs and repeat this process until all the pigs are cooked. You’ll bake until they’re golden brown — between 22 and 25 minutes. Once done, you can melt cheese or any other sauce to enjoy with your pigs.

Hopefully, you can use one of these delicious recipes to tide you and your guests over until the real meal is ready! Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Sofia Drotts

Wisconsin '22

My name is Sofia Drotts, I am a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I intend to major in Psychology with a concentration in criminal justice. I speak Spanish and I am from the city of Chicago. My interests include photography, writing, reading and listening to music.