25 low to no cost ideas to spread some joy this December (or anytime of the year)!
Between finals, celebrations, and planning to go home for winter break, the holiday season is a busy time of year. Taking time to find peace in the midst of all the craziness is essential, and committing to small acts of kindness can help promote this peace! Here are 25 simple ideas on how to show love to others AND yourself:
- Call a family member.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
3. Help your roommates out: take out the trash, refill the Brita, unload the dishwasher–or do all three.
4. Clean out your closet and make a pile of items to donate.
5. Send a thank you email to a TA or professor.
6. Compliment the person next to you during class.
7. Bake a treat to share .
8. Let someone you love know you care about them!
9. Reach out to a friend you haven’t seen in a while and ask to catch up.
10. Forgive someone you have been holding a grudge against.
11. Make it a point to ask someone how they are and genuinely listen.
12. Send a friend a picture or a post that made you think of them.
13. Make your own personalized list of people in your life you can do something kind fo.r
14. Make a list of five things you are grateful for.
15. Go to bed an hour early.
16. Write positive affirmations to manifest self love.
17. Push yourself to do something you have wanted to do but have been putting off.
18. Wear an outfit that you love.
19. Treat yourself to small gifts or treats.
20. Journal and reflect on the past 12 months.
21. Do something that puts you in the holiday spirit–bake a treat or cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie.
22. Give yourself permission to say “no.”
23. Cook your favorite meal.
24. Take a break from studying and move your body in a way that feels good!
25. Smile knowing that you have made an effort to be kinder to yourself and others.
Whether you take one or 25 things from this list, I hope you feel the effects that adding kindness to our world can make! Wishing peace, love, and happy holidays to all!