22 Reasons Food Is Better Than People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Let’s face it, humans do some pretty annoying things. There are plenty of reasons why you would want a giant cupcake after dealing with them all day. Food has never intentionally annoyed us, sabotaged us, or made us feel like crap. This is pretty rare to come by these days. So here’s an ode to you, food. Keep doing what you’re doing. We like you a lot better than that guy who never texted us back.

1. Sushi never posted a 200 second Snapchat story of their supposedly “amazing” night out

2. Chocolate chip cookies will never eye roll at anything you say

3. Pizza doesn’t judge you when you’re 15 episodes in on a Friends Netflix binge

4. Donut’s don’t leave you out of their weekend plans

5. Cheesecake won’t tell you that you may or may not have gained the freshman 15 and you should probably get to the gym ASAP6. Guacamole doesn’t act super interested in you, say he will text you, DOESN’T, and then act like nothing happened.7. Turkey subs don’t subtweet

8. Omelets can’t tell you they like you back, but if they could I bet they would

9. Cheeseburgers don’t ask you if you have a boyfriend at every single holiday gathering10. French fries don’t make you feel like a complete and total failure like a bad midterm grade does

11. Quesadillas don’t judge you for spending your entire savings online shopping

12. Doritos don’t spread rumors

13. Sour Patch Kids don’t talk during the ENTIRE movie

14. Orange chicken would never post an extremely ugly photo of you as their woman crush Wednesday on Instagram

15. Waffles would never cut you off while driving

16. Bagels let you take as many naps as you want

17. Nobody’s significant other was ever stolen by Pringles

18. Bacon would never swipe left on your Tinder

19. Chicken nuggets don’t obnoxiously chew their gum during lecture20. Fried rice would never tell your secret that you told your friend not to tell anyone about, but she did anyway.

21. Cupcakes don’t put you into awkward situations

22. Cheese curds would never bring up the fact that you had Ian’s, Qdoba, and McDonalds in a span of three hours last nightFood, we love you.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!