This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Looking for a cheap yet still cute makeup look that will get you ready in time for class and not leave you breaking the bank?  Look no further!  I have compiled a list of affordable and good-quality products that can be combined to create a look that’s appropriate for class and easy to apply.  Check it out!

1.CoverGirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Liquid Makeup Foundation

$8.99, Walgreens

Use this as a base for all of your other makeup-the most important step of a makeup application, in my opinion, is having good skin to start out with.  Got the wrong color?  No problem!  Walgreens will give you a full refund for already opened products as long as you have a receipt.

2.  E.L.F. 32-color eyeshadow palette

$6.00, drugstore.com

This neutral combo is a much cheaper alternative to Urban Decay’s Naked eye shadow palette, and has a variety of colors to experiment and blend with. E.L.F. is on the cheaper end of makeup brands, but is still on par in terms of quality with other well-known brands such as Neutrogena.

3. Wet n Wild MegaBlast Lip Color

$1.49, Walgreens

For a shade that will stay on for hours at a time and still has intense color, go with Wet and Wild. You can’t go wrong with a lipstick under two dollars, and I’ve personally used mine as both a blush and a lipstick. It’s a 2-in-1 that’s an absolute must-have.

4. Volumizing Mascara

$3.95, H&M

To complete your look, finish off with a bold mascara that will amp up your lashes and really make your eyes pop.  This formula is extra-black and creates a great contrast with a nude-colored eye shadow.  

Instead of blowing $200 on a Sephora run, you can rest easy knowing that there are other affordable and just as good options available at other retailers. Often, the knock-off products are made with the exact same ingredients, but are cheaper only because of the lack of brand name. Good makeup does come at a price, but it doesn’t have to be a high one, especially on a college budget!

Stephanie Qadir is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Journalism with minors in Business and French language.  This is her fifth semester writing for Her Campus, and she has also acted as treasurer and section editor for the Wisconsin chapter.  She is curently studying abroad in Rome, Italy.  In her free time at school, Stephanie enjoys shopping on State Street, eating ice cream from The Chocolate Shoppe, and sunbathing by Lake Mendota.  For professional inquiries, please contact sqadir@wisc.edu or check out her personal site, www.stephanieqadir.wordpress.com !
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!