$20 Makeup Challenge

Looking for a cheap yet still cute makeup look that will get you ready in time for class and not leave you breaking the bank?  Look no further!  I have compiled a list of affordable and good-quality products that can be combined to create a look that’s appropriate for class and easy to apply.  Check it out!

1.CoverGirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Liquid Makeup Foundation

$8.99, Walgreens

Use this as a base for all of your other makeup-the most important step of a makeup application, in my opinion, is having good skin to start out with.  Got the wrong color?  No problem!  Walgreens will give you a full refund for already opened products as long as you have a receipt.

2.  E.L.F. 32-color eyeshadow palette

$6.00, drugstore.com

This neutral combo is a much cheaper alternative to Urban Decay’s Naked eye shadow palette, and has a variety of colors to experiment and blend with. E.L.F. is on the cheaper end of makeup brands, but is still on par in terms of quality with other well-known brands such as Neutrogena.

3. Wet n Wild MegaBlast Lip Color

$1.49, Walgreens

For a shade that will stay on for hours at a time and still has intense color, go with Wet and Wild. You can’t go wrong with a lipstick under two dollars, and I’ve personally used mine as both a blush and a lipstick. It’s a 2-in-1 that’s an absolute must-have.

4. Volumizing Mascara

$3.95, H&M

To complete your look, finish off with a bold mascara that will amp up your lashes and really make your eyes pop.  This formula is extra-black and creates a great contrast with a nude-colored eye shadow.  

Instead of blowing $200 on a Sephora run, you can rest easy knowing that there are other affordable and just as good options available at other retailers. Often, the knock-off products are made with the exact same ingredients, but are cheaper only because of the lack of brand name. Good makeup does come at a price, but it doesn’t have to be a high one, especially on a college budget!