jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

13 Fall Boots for Your College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Fall is finally here! It’s officially time for scarves, sweaters, pumpkin-spice anything and most importantly … boots! A solid pair of ankle boots is a staple for any fall wardrobe; but new shoes can be pricey, so here are 13 pairs of fall shoes that will help up style game without leaving your bank account empty:

1. Fisace Women’s Faux Suede Closed Toe Western Ankle Bootie – Amazon

These killer boots come in four neutral colors and look comfy, cute and casual. Can you ask for anything more? Oh, and the best part is the $26 price tag.

2. New Look Ribbed Flat Chelsea Boot – asos

Looking for a new pair of classic black boot? Well, you’re in luck. These simple ones from asos will match literally anything. They’re a little pricier at $42, but it’s an effortless wardrobe staple you’ll be dying to get your hands on.

3. Bella Marie Women’s Western Round Toe Chunky Stacked Block Heel Ankle Bootie – Amazon

These boots from Amazon are as simple as it gets. They range in price from $15 – $30, depending on which color you choose. The little stacked heels gives them just the amount of a casual feel, which means you can wear them to all your favorite fall events and activities.

4. Gables Chelsea Boot – DSW

For $30, DSW is really giving you a steal since — these boots compare at $70 originally. If you want a high quality boot that looks pricey, look no further. A nice cognac color and stacked heels give this pair of boots some class. Plus, they will definitely take your cozy sweater look to the next level.

5. Women’s Combat Style Lace Up Ankle Bootie – Amazon

If you want something a little edgier, this combat style boot from Amazon is right up your alley. Not to mention they look super cozy and only cost $26.

6. Wide Fit Leather Chelsea Boot – asos

These shoes give off a riding boot vibe sans the hassle of getting knee high boots on and off. At $32, they might be a bit pricy for the average college kid; but if you’re looking for a wider fitting boot, these will give you style and comfort.

7. Women’s Pointy Toe Stacked Heel Ankle Boot – Amazon

These black booties have a cute side detail that set them apart from your mainstream ankle boots. If you ask me, at $26, they’re the perfect reward for making it through midterms.

8. Keegan Bootie – DSW

DSW does it again with these cute little ankle boots. They’re perfect for your flannels and pretty much anything else. Better yet, they only cost $30 — they were $60 to begin with. I’ll be adding these to my fall wardrobe, and you should too.

9. Peep Toe Bootie – Amazon

These edgy boots feature a few strategic cutouts that give them an elevated style — and it’s perfect for a night out. Not to mention they come in NINE colors and only cost $25!

10. Women’s Bronco Bootie – Amazon

A nice criss-cross buckle detail gives this pair of booties a nice casual feel. They’re also totally worth it at just $23 — it’s basically the same as getting one three-wick candle from Bath & Body Works.

11. Willow Bootie – Zooshoo

These adorable wedge booties are perfect for a nice dinner. Plus, they won’t leave your feet freezing like most heels. The $20 price tag isn’t bad either, especially for such a versatile shoe.

12. Western Cowgirl Closed Toe Bootie – Amazon

A little fringe detail adds a nice flare to these ankle boots. They also come in multiple colors and ranges from $18 – $30. Honestly, who knew Amazon had so many cute shoes?

13. Women’s Faux Suede Desert Bootie – Amazon

These casual little lace-up booties are perfect for walking all over campus in the crisp fall weather. With adventurous color choices and a $25 price tag, they’re the perfect addition to your fall shoe rotation.

Happy shoe shopping! Remember, sometimes a PSL and a new pair of shoes is all it takes to get through a rough week.

Erin Kleber

Wisconsin '21

Erin is majoring in Political Science and Communication Arts, with a certificate in Criminal Justice. She is a proud co-president of HC Wisconsin, and has been a member since her freshman year. When she's not writing or spending time with her HC gang, you can find her reading a good book, spending time up north, or cheering on the Badger football team.