Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

11 Things I’d Rather Spend Money On Than Textbooks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

So, let me get this straight. You want me to buy the brand new $200 textbook, in order to receive the online access code, and then sell it back to Amazon for $10? Well, let me tell you, I can think of a much happier place for those dollar signs.

This HoodieThose long walks to class can get pretty boring–never again.

Liquid CourageAlthough, I suppose this one should be included in the textbook finances, because do they really expect me to read my microeconomics book cover to cover and be okay?

The Gift of NothingI mean, it’s the same thing only cheaper.

Trump’s CampaignThe least we could’ve done was hook him up with a new hair dresser.

A Selfie ToasterIt’s the easy way to burn carbs.

Flavored WallpaperThose drab dorm walls were pretty tasteless anyway; am I right?

Metal Detecting SandalsI’d like to think of it as an investment.

Oreo Cookie DunkerTruth be told, I’ve been waiting years for a contraption like this.

Pet Sweep

It’s so wrong, but yet it’s so right.

Pet PlowI mean, you can’t buy one and not get the other.

The DaddleI can keep the kids that I don’t have safe while playing with the husband that I also don’t have.

Textbooks are pricey AF, and I can’t be throwing cash around like that, especially when high quality products such as these are out there waiting for me to own them.

Raven is a junior at UW-Madison majoring in Retailing and Consumer Behavior with certificates in Digital Studies and Entrepreneurship. She will be studying abroad at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia the Spring Semester of 2019.Until then, you can find her at any cafe within a two mile radius of UW-Madison watching The Office/ googling photos of Labrador Retriever puppies with a coffee in hand (unless it's monday night because that's reserved for the Bachelor).
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!