11 Things to do During Your Staycation 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

So, you’re staying home during Spring Break. Sure, you’ll get to see your family and to spend your days with your cat while your family is at work, but let’s face it, your cat can only be so entertaining. You’re about to have a week off from the stress of classes and you want to make the best of it. How do you make the most of your staycation?

1. Read a book… FOR FUN

It has been sitting on your bookshelf collecting dust all semester. You might as well crack it open.  If the weather’s nice, take a chair outside and enjoy the weather!

2. Visit friends you haven’t seen since winter break, or better yet, since high school graduation!

See how your old friends are acclimating to college and what new and exciting things they have been doing since they left for school.

3. Find a new restaurant!

Don’t lie, you know you’d be wrong to say that you don’t love food. (We won’t judge.) So why not find a new restaurant in your town or dress up and go to a nice restaurant in a city near you.

4. Visit your relatives

Call your Grandma and go out to lunch with her. You know you’d love seeing her and she’d love it even more!

5. Visit your elementary school

You probably haven’t gone back in years.  If your old school’s spring break isn’t going on during yours, email your old teachers and see if you can stop by for a visit!

6. Try a new recipe!

We’ve already established you love food so why not try to make some food for yourself?!

7. Binge on a new show on Netflix

Okay, maybe this is what you do all the time anyways. But if you’re really that bored you won’t be able to resist it.

8. Go shopping

You may be a broke college student, but come on, take a day to treat yo’ self.

9. Take the time to actually learn what’s going on in this presidential race

You might not have the time or energy to follow politics at school, but it’s important.  Take advantage of the free time you’re about to have and actually learn the facts before voting on April 5th!

10. Listen to some new music!

Maybe you can’t focus on studying while listening to music. So catch up on what you’ve been missing in the music world!

11. Most importantly, spend time with your cat (or dog.)

They most definitely missed you. And let’s face it, they are way too cute to be ignored.

Just because you won’t get the chance to escape from the cold or to get tan over break, it doesn’t mean you won’t have a good time.  These are just a few ways to spend your days off, but the possibilities are endless!

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!