10 Throwback Songs You Forgot About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Whether you’re studying, working out, or getting ready to go out, there are no better songs to jam to than some good old throwbacks!  We’ve gone back in time to find 10 jams you’ve probably forgotten about. 

1. Where Them Girls at- David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj, Flo Rida

Honestly, this song brings back memories from high school dances. Talk about a guilty pleasure!

1. This Is How We Do It- Montell Jordan

This 1995 hit might be a little bit before your time, but it’s a great song to listen to with your crew while you’re getting ready to go out!

1. Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of…)- Lou Bega

This song is well-known across the globe— so well-known that it reached #1 on charts throughout Europe, Canada, and Australia!

1. S.O.S.- Jonas Brothers

Obviously, we haven’t forgotten about the JoBros (how could we?), but sometimes their older music gets lost in the mix.

1. One Thing- One Direction

Let out your inner Directioner with this oldie!

1. Let Me Love You- Mario

This R&B hit earned Mario a Grammy Award nomination in 2006!

1. One, Two Step- Ciara, Missy Elliott

SO. SASSY.  And we love it.

1. Gettin’ Jiggy Wit it- Will Smith

If you’re a fan of Willow Smith’s ‘Whip my Hair’, check out her dad Will’s classic hit. 

1. Ride Wit Me- Nelly, City Spud

A throwback playlist wouldn’t be complete without a song from Nelly!

1. Just the Girl- The Click Five

You might recognize this song from the movie ‘John Tucker Must Die’, but it’s a lot more than that. The song also reached #1 on Billboard’s 2005-2006 list of US Digital Songs (nbd…)

Update your throwback playlist with these songs you’ve probably forgotten about!  

SaveSave

SaveSave

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!