10 Things to Expect on Your Birthday as a Badger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s an understatement to say you don’t really know what to expect for your first birthday as a college student.  Especially, when you have been in school for five weeks, and it’s parents weekend.

1. When you wake up in the morning.

When does the party begin?

2.You never thought you’d be so excited to get a new coat/boots/other winter warm things to survive the Wisconsin cold.

The thought of trudging through blizzards isn’t quite as terrifying.

3. Getting new clothes that show your school pride has never been so exciting

Getting a sweatshirt sporting your high school team is nowhere near as exciting.

4.The phrase “wow you’re so old” is dropped very often

Especially when all of your friends have spring birthdays.

5.Your parents try to convince you the restaurant is a “short walk”

You want me to walk from Lakeshore to the Capital? Short walk, yeah right.

6. Every message you get from your friends is “Happy Birthday, don’t party too hard ;)”

Oh there was a “don’t” in that message? Whoops…

7. When your friends don’t want to make a decision they “Let the birthday girl decide!”

But it’s my birthday you should have the entire day planned out!

8. They realize they know exactly what you want to do:

9. Your friends like to tell everyone it’s your birthday.

You never felt like strangers loved you so much

10. You remember just how much all of your friends and family love you.

The worst part… having to scroll through and like all of those Facebook posts.

Most importantly, you are another year older, which hopefully means another year wiser. 

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!! 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!