10 Reasons You’re in a Love-Hate Relationship with Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As much as we love Starbucks, there are some drawbacks of getting our daily dose of caffeine, as well. 

1. They can’t seem to ever spell your name right.

2.  The Wi-Fi is below average, but the overall vibe is awesome so you stay anyway.

3. Your mood for the rest of the day is determined by your “on-the-spot” decision to get either iced or hot coffee.

4. You always feel so welcome after they greet you at the register, but are then faced with the same old question: “What’s your name again?”

5. The new “Starbucks pick up” has actually completely changed your life.

6. Once you start to feel at home with the design of the cup, they change it on you.

7. You sometimes feel judged after messing up the proper Starbucks lingo, “What do you mean medium?” “Sorry, I meant a grande please.”

8. Waiting in line means having to use all of your power to resist giving in to the beautiful pastry display that is staring directly at you.

9. You are well aware of the fact that the size “tall” is one of the most ridiculous things you have ever seen; yet you still manage to order it when you’re feeling “a little thirsty.”

10. You’re not sure why, but you just feel like the sh*t while holding a Starbucks cup… You feel like they will always be there for you, and that’s why you continue to keep going back.

We still love you, Starbucks!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!