10 Fun Things To Do Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Winter break is a time to see family and friends, celebrate the holidays and relax. After a while though, things can get boring, so use this list to spice up your winter break!

1. Go sledding and play in the snow

When was the last time you built a snowman or had a snowball fight? Re-live your childhood: play in the yard or sled down the closest hill! (Hot chocolate recommended for after, of course)

2. Holiday movie marathon

Elf? How the Grinch Stole Christmas? The Polar Express? The options are endless.

3. Bake cookies/other treats

A classic way to spend a snowy winter afternoon. There are plenty of recipes for yummy cookies out there!

4. Shopping

If you don’t already have a wardrobe filled with cute winter sweaters, boots and scarves (or even if you do), head to your local mall with friends for some retail therapy; you deserve it after your finals!

5. Crafting

Crafting is a relaxing way to spend a freezing cold winter day! Look through Pinterest for inspiration!

6. Redecorate your room

Again, Pinterest is your friend for this!

7. Ice skating

A perfect date idea! Also great for a night with friends! Don’t forget a cute hat and a pair of mittens!

8. Explore or hike at local parks

Enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Bring a camera for a fun winter photo shoot!

9. Coffee shops

Cute coffee shops + yummy hot drinks + cold days = holiday joy!

10. Explore downtown

You’ve spent so much time in Madison, but now it’s time to show some love to your hometown and visit all the place you love in your city!

10. Cute nights in

Again, Pinterest has so many ideas for cute and creative themes for nights in with friends!

With an endless list of options of things to do, you’ll never have a boring winter break!