You Won’t Believe What the Newest Percy Jackson Adaptation is

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Everyone’s favorite demigod is headed to the Great White Way…sort of.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t even aware of the fact that Percy Jackson and the Olympians had inspired a musical, let alone the fact that it had been touring the country.  But the show, written by Joe Tracz (who also wrote Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events) and Rob Rokicki, underwent major changes after coming off tour.  The cast is bigger, the show is longer, and there’s even a live band this time around, according to Playbill.com. 

The cast of The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical includes George Salazar as Percy’s best friend Grover, Kristin Stokes as Annabeth Chase, and Chris McCarrell as Percy Jackson.  He’s got the chops to play Marius Pontmercy in Broadway’s revived Les Misérables, but does he make a good Percy?  Listen to “Good Kid” below and decide for yourself.

For more news and updates, check out the show’s website or follow them on Instagram!  Previews begin March 23 in NYC.  Just imagine how this would be adapted for the stage.

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.