This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Collegiettes, why do us ladies not love ourselves more?

Ladies, self-love is extremely important it’s really what gets you up in the morning, and what keeps you pushing and fighting throughout our days. Let’s start having more of it! 

Everything about your day feels different when you know you’re killing it the second you step out of the house. Allow the compliments to flood in, and have an automatic good day. Dressing up even for everyday situations just makes you feel better too! Why look bad and feel bad when you could feel good and look good?

So what do we do about it?

Do something a little extra!

Pay that money to get your nails done, buy that mini skirt that has been calling your name for weeks. Go out with your girls and shop until you drop! Treat yourself!

Stop caring about what people will say and just do it.

You most likely will get some push back but its just because it’s not just you who is noticing your power. Do exactly what you want to do, if people start hating on what you are doing! Haters are just jealous that they don’t have the confidence that YOU do! Who cares about them anyway? 

Dress how you want!

Rock those 6-inch heels. Buy that dress. Start dancing down the street to your favorite song. You are more than allowed to feel good, look good, and know that you look good. Don’t let anyone steal that from you!

Kill the game, make people wish they were you!

But flash a smile while you’re murdering everyone in your path, just as a gentle reminder that other girls are invited too! Join me in my conquer of the world! 

Self-love is so important for the way that you handle yourself, it is important in every aspect of life.

It affects you in your social life; it affects your work life, even your love life. Because if you don’t love yourself how in the world are you expected to love someone else in the way they deserve?

Loving yourself can be the simplest thing ever. Just post that hot selfie on Snapchat to bless the world with your beauty, or go all out and treat yourself! Do whatever makes you super confident and comfortable!

Blow a kiss in the mirror and take over the world, Collegiettes! Be proud of your beauty, and love who you are! Can’t wait to cheer you on as you murder the game.

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.