What Your Favorite Seasonal Holiday Items Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.
CFA Peppermint Milkshake

The Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake is an all time fan-favorite. When this seasonal shake is released, the thanksgiving- Christmas season officially commences. If your holiday favorite is this shake you have TASTE. You also probably look forward to having it all year and the Christmas season is your favorite time of year.

holiday coffee mug
Original photo by Brianne Petrone
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha

Starbucks always brings the heat with their seasonal drinks and their infamous red cups. This year their lineup includes an iced sugar cookie almond milk latte, a caramel brûlée latte, and their peppermint mocha (which is back for its 19th year). If the peppermint mocha is your favorite, you like predictability. You like things to have order and appreciate consistency from your friends. You’re also probably very into the holiday season and love to decorate.

Starbucks 2020 Christmas red cup
Original photo by Raquel Furtney
Bath And Body Works (Holiday Scents)

Another brand that always brings the holiday heat with their seasonal items is Bath and Body Works. Their seasonal scents such as winter candy apple, vanilla bean noel, and twisted peppermint are fan favorites. If your favorite seasonal item is from bath and body works, you are probably really into smelling nice. You tend to have a signature scent for each season or event that you go to. You’re also probably really into keeping your space clean and organized (I envy you, I really do!).

Apple Cider

This is such an underrated holiday favorite. I feel like apple cider is always overlooked. If apple cider is your favorite seasonal drink, congratulations, you are cool. You always root for the underdogs in movies and books. Fall is probably your favorite season and if you don’t already, you should watch Gilmore Girls.

Eggnog

Ew. This is no one’s favorite. But on the off chance that this is your favorite, stay away from me (just kidding). If you like eggnog you probably love to have cozy days with a cup of it in your hand. Eggnog is also probably associated with good memories for you and you feel nostalgic while drinking it.

Pumpkin Pie

If pumpkin pie is your favorite, you’re going with the safe choice. This is a very neutral choice. I think that pumpkin pie lovers like the simple things in life. You aren’t caught up in the material aspects of things and just like to feel appreciated.

Thanksgiving Turkey

If you chose turkey over ham at thanksgiving, I don’t know if I can trust you. Turkey can be cooked wrong so easily. If your favorite thanksgiving food is turkey, you are a trusting person. You also don’t mind if things don’t go your way all the time. You are a dependable friend, although you have a questionable favorite thanksgiving food.

Peppermint Bark

This is such a good choice. I feel like everyone always picks normal peppermint candy over peppermint bark. Peppermint bark is the best of both worlds (chocolate and peppermint). If peppermint bark is your favorite, I feel like you are an amazing gift giver. You are thoughtful and tend to see the best in everyone.

Candy Canes
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Caramel Apples

Yum! Caramel apples always remind me of the fair. If you like caramel apples, you probably aren’t the biggest fall fan, but you still enjoy the season. You are a super nice person and enjoy making others happy.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

If this is your favorite, you are basic. There’s nothing wrong with being basic. PSLs are so good! If PSLs are your fave you probably have your life put together. Fall is your favorite season simply because you get to drink PSLs. I aspire to be as put together as you PSL lovers!

Trader Joe\'s Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Original photo by Claire Brodish
I'm Camryn and I'm a senior Special Education major from Lexington, South Carolina! I love chai lattes and enjoy all things fall.