What Planning a Wedding Is Really Like: An Interview with Krystal Frisbee Cerillo and Chrissy Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

With summer almost upon us, engagement season is in full swing.  Once the engagement glitz and glam is done, it’s time to actually begin planning the wedding!  

To help you figure things out a bit, two lovely ladies who are or were in the wedding planning process weighed in to lend some guidance.  

Krystal Frisbee Cerillo got married this past summer*.  She and her husband Ryan had a medium-sized wedding with an overgrown beauty theme, featuring sunflowers, succulents, and greenery.

Chrissy Williams, soon to be Chrissy Williams Lopez-White, is getting married in the summer of 2017.  Chrissy and her fiance Jaime plan to have a medium-sized local wedding with a navy and blush color scheme.

What is the best part of wedding planning?

Krystal:  The best part about wedding planning is probably the joy it brings, feeling so accomplished after getting to see exciting results coming together is the best! It’s motivating working on the plans because you know it will be a part of the big day.

Chrissy:  The best part about wedding planning is the excitement of preparing for a life together.

What is the hardest part of wedding planning?

Krystal:  The hardest part would be feeling discouraged about the little details when they don’t go your way or as planned.  It’s like there’s this vision, and when it doesn’t come to be, then you can get caught up on that one little thing that didn’t happen as you thought it would!  Also comparison! It is such a weakness of mine. I see things online and question “What is my wedding gonna look like?” “What about my flowers? Or my programs?!” And then I get all anxious because I saw things online about these beautiful weddings! The insecurities come from those comparisons!

Chrissy:  The hardest part about wedding planning is remembering that you don’t have to please everyone. There are a lot of moving parts and everyone wants to give their input. It’s important to remember that the day is about you and your future husband/wife.

What has been your favorite part of planning your wedding?

Krystal:  My favorite part about planning the wedding is getting to feel that feeling of being a bride! Getting to think about the wedding in terms of it happening really soon is something I cherish! This season is really unique and fun!

Chrissy:  My favorite part of wedding planning was asking our bridal party. It’s exciting to have some of our closest friends be a part of our day.

What is the best piece of advice you received about planning your wedding?

Krystal:  There is NO perfect wedding. The only perfect wedding will be when Christ returns for His bride and we as the Church go to be with Him forever in Paradise! That is what we should strive for. As a bride prepares for her husband, so the bride of Christ prepares for His return and our perfect union with Him!

Chrissy:  The best piece of advice I received about wedding planning is that the wedding is just a day, but the marriage is a lifetime. It really puts things in perspective.

Any favorite wedding websites?

Krystal:  I enjoy “The Knot”.

Chrissy:  I don’t have a favorite website, but Pinterest has been a lifesaver. There are tons of ideas and checklists to help with the planning.

The photo of the Cerrillos as well as the cover image are courtesy of Jessica Roberts (http://jessicarobertsphoto.com/).

Emily Grace Gill is a senior mass communication major with minors in business and theater. When she's not thinking about writing or traveling, she is befriending every dog she sees on campus.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.