Want to Help Save Marine Life While Christmas Shopping?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Christmas is coming up, and if you’re like me and don’t have a clue what to get anyone, I have the perfect solution for you! Do you or someone you know like jewelry, cute t-shirts, BoHo beach towels, colorful hats, or even saving marine life?

Sand Cloud, a company co-founded in 2014 by Bruno Aschidamini and Steven Ford, has one main mission: to help protect and save marine life.

The company was founded in the hopes to help raise money to donate to many non-profit marine life organizations that support its mission. Sand Cloud sells a variety of different products – t-shirts,long-sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, jewelry, boho beach towels, and even water bottles! With every purchase of these products, 10% of the profit goes to many of these non-profit marine life organizations. Some include Marine Conservation Institute, Surfrider Foundation, Pacific Marine Mammal Center, and San Diego Coastkeeper. 

Now, I must tell you that yes, I am a brand ambassador for Sand Cloud, and yes, I want you to buy their products. However, I don’t want you to buy the products to help make more money solely for the company’s profit. 

Humanity has an amazing power to help those that cannot help themselves, and our marine life is one of them. Preserving our marine life is extremely important. Whether you like going to the beach or not, we all encounter marine life in our everyday lives. 

Don’t believe me?

Try to imagine a world without marine life. That means NO beaches, NO fish to eat (which also means no omega-3 fatty acids or beneficial vitamins), NO sea fishing, NO deep-sea diving, NO fish oil, NO aquariums, even NO shark movies that we have a love/hate relationship with. The list could honestly go on and on.

It is crucial now more than ever that humanity pays attention to our marine ecosystem and the negative effects that we’re unintentionally having on them. Taking small steps to become more informed about ocean pollution, marine life, or even non-profit marine life organizations can make a huge difference. Even simply buying products from Sand Cloud can start a small ripple that will soon become a big wave. 

So, if you’re like me and need some last-minute presents, head over to Sand Cloud’s website and check them out! Because, what’s more productive than doing your shopping while saving marine life?

Happy holidays Collegiettes! Have funs shopping and spreading good vibes! 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.