Top Events We’re FALL-ing for in Charlotte This Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Have you got weekends with nothing to do? Do you find yourself wishing you knew what events were happening ahead of time and not after they passed? Well collegiettes, not anymore.

Yiasou Greek Festival

September 7-10

Coming up this weekend is Charlotte’s Greek Festival! Located at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral go and eat authentic cuisine, experience live art and entertainment, art, wine, shopping and more! Better yet, tickets are only $3. Bet I know what you’re doing this weekend.

Pumpkin Fest

September 16

Fall is here, and so are pumpkins, fires, flannels, and all that other great stuff, so why not enjoy it at a festival!! Head out to Pumpkin Fest and enjoy FREE admission, a tap list of seasonal fall beers, live music, food, and giveaways! It’s located at Sycamore Brewing so get ready to get your fall on!

Mecktoberfest

September 22-24

Just because we can’t be in Germany for Oktoberfest doesn’t mean we can’t experience it here too! Get “uber excited because” September 22-24 The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery is hosting this awesome FREE event. Enjoy fresh beer, German Fare, and music all weekend long! Prost and Guten Appetite!

The Chinese Lantern Festival

September 7- October 9

Come out to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and enjoy not only looking at the lovely plants, but also the amazing lanterns glowing up at night! There will be good trucks, an Asian marketplace and more! Tickets are $25, so get out there and enjoy the lights!

Woofstock 2017

September 16 11am-4pm

It might not be the music festival, but for all you dog lovers bring your friends, including your furry ones, and come out to the NoDa Brewing Company. Enjoy food, drink, music, and more! Tickets are $5 but that includes a free beer! Go on and have a paw-some time!

Hop, Drop, and Drool

September 30 12pm-7pm

Another day, another event to bring your furry friends. Bring your dogs, and maybe your friends too, and enjoy like music, food trucks and games at NoDa Brewing Company. Life’s ruff so don’t be melon-collie, admission is FREE, just head out and enjoy yourself!

Charlotte Wine and Tapas Week

October 13-22

Do you like wine? How about tapas? You don’t know what they are? Well that’s okay head on down to Charlotte’s Wine and Tapas week and find out! Pay $30 at participating restaurants and enjoy two glasses of wine, two tapas, and a delightful evening with friends. Find the list of restaurants here and try them out!

http://charlottewinetapasweek.com/participating-restaurants/

South Carolina Pumpkintown Pumpkin Festival

October 14th 8am-5pm

Are you ready for more fall and more pumpkins? If so, get ready to make a trip to Pickens for the SC Pumpkintown Pumpkin Festival! There will be vendors, food, and even a parade! We’re really {fall}ing for all these cool events.

South Carolina Taco Festival

October 21, 1pm-9pm

Taco Tuesday? How about Taco Saturday!  Come out to Cayce on October 21 to enjoy the first annual Taco Festival! Get ready to enjoy live entertainment, tons of taco and food vendors, a frozen margarita bar, chili pepper eating contest, and MORE! Pre-sale tickets are only $9.99 and go up to $14.99 soon so get those tickets, eat some tacos, y disfrutense!

24th Annual Apple Harvest Festival

Oct 21 10am-6pm

Windy Hill, the lovely apple orchard close to campus is officially open and serving up cider and apple donuts! On top of that, October 21 there will be the Apple Harvest Festival! Head out and enjoy hard cider, apple donuts, live music, BBQ, apple butter making and so much more! I’m sure this is an event that will apple-peal to you and all your friends!

SC State Fair

October 11-22

That’s right y’all, its fair season! Time to eat wonderful fried food, enjoy riding rides and playing all the fun games. You can also enjoy concerts, petting the animals, and so much more! It’s time to head to Columbia and have a fair-y good time! Check out the website for more information on the upcoming events here!

http://www.scstatefair.org

GUTS Pumpkin Carving Contest

Oct. 21

Come one come all to the pumpkin carving contest located in BB&T Ballpark! Carve a pumpkin or just watch. Oh my GOURD tickets are only $10 so get ready for a dirty night lit by empty pumpkins. Take your friends and take pictures because y’all are #squashgoals

Hola Charlotte Festival

October 7, 2017 12-7pm

Need a little culture in your life? How about going to Hola, Charlotte’s international festival. Located in Uptown on N. Tryon and W. Trade St., not only is it FREE, but you can also eat some great food, listen to music, and experience the culture of 15 Latin American countries! Vamos!!

Charlotte’s 3rd Annual South End Wine Festival

Oct. 21 2-6pm

Come out to 308W Carson Blvd. and enjoy South End’s Annual Wine Festival! Drink some wine, eat some food from the food trucks, and enjoy live music. Tickets are $35, but include wine tasting for four hours! Ain’t no ‘wine-ing’ here!

Ghost Walk Haunted Trail Sleepy Hollow

October 27 and 28 7-10pm

Enjoy a not so average walk through Latta Plantation.  See bloody Civil War battlefields, a soldier’s cemetery, a ghostly prison, and other spooky sightings.

Get ready for a boo-tastic evening for only $10! PSA, if you see a headless horseman..run!!

Charlotte’s 4th Annual Cider Fest

October 6

Come out to Uptown and enjoy hard cider on Rooftop 210. Enjoy cooling temperatures, cider samples, and great company! Tickets are only $20 so get out and enjoy!!

Whether it be attending one, or attending them all, you’ll have an unbe-LEAF-able time! Enjoy with your human and non-human friends, both at night and daytime. We’re FALL-ing for Charlotte and all the events that come with it! Tag us in your pictures to be featured on our instagram @hcwinthrop! Oh yeah, and remember you guys are #squashgoals. 

I aspire to be like Audrey Hepburn and Elle Woods, classy and fabulous
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.