Top 6 Moments in the “Game of Thrones” Season Finale (SPOILERS)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Season 7 of “Game of Thrones” has already come to an end, and with just one season left, they’ve left us with a mess to sort through. Only six years after the “Brace Yourselves, Winter is coming” meme became popular,

Winter is finally here, and it is terrifying. With the fate of humanity at the hands of the Night King, the members of Westeros still managed to set that aside in light of their own issues in this last episode, which left the viewers with some important moments to put in their back pocket for next season. Please, if you haven’t already watched the season finale, do so and then come back and read! This article will be loaded with spoilers!

6. Petyr Baelish, AKA “Littlefinger,” is Dead!

Alright, so depending on what kind of viewer you are, this event may not be that important to you. But man, I hate that guy and I love Aria, so I was anticipating his death! After years of just playing games with people and ruining families, he went after the wrong girls! I was a little upset with Sansa for not catching it at first, but Kudos to her for finally “learning.” Hopefully see ya never again Baelish!

5. Tyrion Finds out Cersei is Pregnant

So we already knew this piece of information from the last episode, but in the finale Cersei reveals it to Tyrion through talk of being the “new world” while also affectionately rubbing her stomach. Obviously he knows the baby is Jaime’s, because, well, who else actually likes Cersei? Besides the Mountain.. but he’s a different kind of guy all together. Hopefully this new baby isn’t a Joffrey 2.0, we don’t need another whiny Lannister child vying for the Iron Throne.

4. Jon and Daenerys Hook Up

Jon Snow set the rightful Queen of Westeros’ heart a flutter when he pledged his legiance to her, out loud, in front of everyone. They decide to sail together to Winterfell to tell about their new alliance, and of course, during the trip they hook up. We all knew this was going to happen and it was going to be weird, and if you were anything like me, you were yelling, “Nooooo don’t do it!!” the whole time, even if they do seem like an adorable couple.

3. Jon Snow is Really Aegon Targaryen

And if you didn’t know why number 4 was a bit awkward, this was why. You should have already known through Bran that Jon Snow was in fact not a bastard child of Ned, but the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. However, in this episode, we learn that the two were actually married, Lyanna wasn’t kidnapped, and Jon was actually named Aegon. I know it’s a lot, and it’s still kind of confusing because Rhaegar also has two other sons… one also named Aegon. So ultimately, Jon.. I mean Aegon?.. is Daenery’s nephew, and we all really need a drink to deal with this one.

2. Cersei Kind of Agrees to a Truce

So, to her “enemies” faces, she agrees to fight alongside the North against the White Walkers. However, we know she instead sent the Greyjoy fleet to get mercenaries that will fight whatever is left of the North after the Great War. So basically, the truce meant nothing, and Cersei is an idiot because she thinks she can win a war when she is the only one in this fight without a Dragon.

1.The Night King Knocks Down the Wall

This is by far the craziest thing that happens in this episode. We saw the Night King take one of the dragons last episode for himself, and we were all probably emotionally scarred from the whole thing, I know I was. And in true Daenerys Targaryen fashion, the Night King rides in on his stolen Dragon and knocks down the wall separating Westeros from the Night Walkers, and officially bringing Winter to Winterfell.

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.