The Top 5 Tastiest Gluten-Free Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Coming from someone that was forced to take gluten out of their diet, it has been hard to find substitutes that tastes just as good as the original one. Gluten is a substance that consists of cereal grain or wheat, so it’s basically iin almost every food on the market. Here are a few of my favorite gluten-free foods that have changed my attitude towards my new diet!

1. Freschetta Frozen Pizza

I used to eat pizza everyday, but once I was diagnosed with gluten sensitivity, pizza was strictly prohibited. That was until I discovered Freschetta! You have the options of thick or thin crust, with either cheese or pepperoni. It tastes just like normal pizza, is fairly cheap and is available in most grocery stores!

2. PopCorners

PopCorners are the best gluten free snack in the world! They are thin, crunchy, flattened pieces of popcorn…and they’re delicious! They have several flavors: “Smokin’ Jalapeno”, “Carnival Kettle”, “Salt of the Earth”, “Cheddar Feel-Good”, “Cinema Style”, “Sweetly Salted Caramel” and “Sweet Heat Chili”. The most addicting flavor has to be the “Cheddar Feel-Good”. The average price for a solo bag is no more than $4.00 dollars.

3. Fruits and Vegetables

You can never go wrong with any fruit or vegetable. They are all so healthy and delicious to eat. Also, you can make a fruit salad or steam the vegetables. I would highly recommend watermelon, cantaloupe or asparagus, just because those are my favorite!

4. Shrimp, Crabs and Fish

Growing up on the coast, I have always liked seafood, but after the diagnosis, I fell in love with it even more. Everything about it is so delicious–especially if you add some melted butter on top. Although, it can be a bit pricey, it is well worth it when you stomach is happy and not hurting.

5. Cheerios

There are 14 different delicious flavors: Original, “Honey Nut”, “Honey Nut Medley Crunch”, “Multi Grain”, “Apple Cinnamon”, “Banana Nut”, “Cinnamon Burst”, “Chocolate”, “Dulce de Leche”, “Multi Grain Peanut Butter”, “Multi Grain Dark Chocolate Crunch”, “Frosted”, “Fruity”, and “Yogurt Burst”. With such a variety, I am sure there is one flavor that you can find and love. My favorite has always been the Original because it is so tasty once you add it with milk and a little bit of sugar.

Those are just a few of my favorites–but the list could go on and on. Don’t hesitate to try any of them because you will definitely won’t regret it!

Morgan Lowers is a sophomore at Winthrop University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in broadcasting. She is currently playing softball at Winthrop, but when she is not at the field she spends her time binge watching tv, reading cheesy romance novels, and dreaming of the places she wants to travel to. She loves to eat pizza, french fries, popcorn, and pretty much anything that has to do with carbs. Writing has never been her number one passion, but Her Campus has provided her the opportunity to open up and she loves every minute of it now! Follow her on social media! Twitter: @moganlowerss143 Instagram: @Morgan_Lowers
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.