This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Rock Hill is full of so many restaurants and if you’re new to the area you may not be sure what place to check out first! So, here is the dish on my favorite dishes from my all time favorite restaurants in the Thrill!

1. El Cancun Mexican Restaurant

El Cancun is by far my favorite  mexican restaurant in Rock Hill, quite possibly my favorite mexican restaurant in the whole world! The food is amazing, yes, but the waiters and waitresses are what makes it a truly great dining experience! They’re super friendly, and if you ask for a sombrero to spice your dinner up they’ll glady give you one!

Typically, when my friends and I go out to dinner here we start off with the Gringo Dip which is refried beans mixed with queso…my mouth is watering just thinking about it! The whole menu is absolutely amazing, but to narrow down what to get, some of my other favorite entrées include the Pollo con Crema, the Camarones al Queso and the Taco Salad which is perfect for a healthy but filling meal!

Another reason why I love El Cancun is because on Thursdays they have awesome food and drink specials! So if you love Mexican food like I do, check the menu for a fiesta in your bellies  and induldge in some authentic Mexican food!

2. Michael’s Rock Hill Grille

For all you Winthrop students who don’t want to lose you’re awesome parking spaces, have no fear because Michael’s is within walking distance from campus! It’s great for when you’re missing your mama’s home cooking or just need some comfort food!

One item on the menu that I’m absolutely obsessed with is Michael’s Golden Fried Asparagus and it’s not only is it delicious, but it’s healthy! When I go to Michael’s for brunch I normally get the Eggs Benedict and when I go for lunch I like to get a wrap or a salad, which are both phenomenal!

The prices are broke-college-kid-friendly, and I always have leftovers to take home, so if you want to check out more items on Michaels Rock Hill Grille menu click here!

3. Ledo Pizza

Pizza is every college students go-to-meal, so you’ll definitely need a good pizza joint to head to every time you’re craving pizza…which for me is more often than I’d like to admit! Ledo’s Pizza is without a doubt my favorite place to get pizza for a number of reasons! They have their own way of making an original pizza unique, and have delicious appetizers! 

The appetizer I never shy from getting is the Spicy Toasted Ravioli. If it’s one of the rare times that you’re not in the mood for pizza, their menu also has entrées, salads, calzones, subs and sandwiches, along with a ton of choices on their vegetarian menu! Check out all the great choices on Ledo Pizza’s Menu here!

Bon appetit, collegiette! 

Staff Writer/Social Media TeamSenior mass communication major from Pawleys Island, South Carolina. In my spare time, you can find me at the local coffee shop writing. :)Instagram and Twitter @HannahLStrong 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.