The Thoughts That Every Girl Has While Getting Ready for a GNO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Getting ready for a night out is one of the hardest things a girl goes through. We all know the struggle all too well–the desire to look our best but at the same time not looking like we tried too hard.

Here are some thoughts that we all have while going through this pain-staking ordeal!

1. What am I going to wear? A dress? Jeans and tank?

2. Do I look okay? Are these jeans too tight? If I look at myself in the mirror this way I think it looks better. nope. yep.

3. How am I going to do my hair? Up? No down, but it needs curls.

4. Nope straight

5. Is my makeup too heavy? Where’s my lipgloss?  I want to look nice but not like I tried to hard.

6. I think I need to change. Yes, this shirt looks way better.

7. UGH I need to change my hair.

8. Nope I liked it better the first way.

9. Why is this so complicated?!

10. I think I’m prepping for more time than I will be out. Oh well, I look good right?

11. OMG this is my jam! Let me dance and sing for a while before I finish getting ready.

12. What time is it?  Okay whew I still have 30mintues.

13. Can I walk in these shoes? Or am i going to topple over and kill my feet then regret them in the morning

14. This shirt still looks weird.

15. Much better.

16. Is it already 10? Oh man, I’m running so far behind. How am I still not done getting ready?

17. Why are they here already to pick me up!? I still need to check my makeup again.

18. This shirt looks good right?

19. Wait I forgot to charge my phone!

20. YAS! I’m finally ready!…at least I think I am.

21. Better leave before I change my mind. VAMOS!!!

The worst part about it all is that when we finally get to the party, no one even really cares how you look.

Of course you tell yourself next time that you won’t care as much or take as long to get ready because you know no one cares–but you can’t help taking forever to get ready.

Let’s be honest though–it’s all a part of the fun!…right?

I aspire to be like Audrey Hepburn and Elle Woods, classy and fabulous
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.