These Things Are Pretty Hard, But They’re Easier Than Opening Your P.O. Box

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Three times to the left, twice to the right, turn to the left and stop on the last number. It sounds easy, but opening your campus P.O. box can be harder than finding your way around campus for the first time – or doing any of the following. Good luck, collegiettes, and may your mail be easily retrievable.

1. Passing Math 150.  
  2. Working out every morning before class – and staying committed for more than a week.   
  3. Guessing someone else’s computer password.    
  4. Successfully buying the Kyshadow palette. 
  5. Walking past that really cute puppy without stopping to pet it.  
  6. Starting a new show in the third season and being able to understand what’s going on.  
  7. Sending that flirty-but-risky text – and getting the reply you actually wanted.
  8. Training a carrier pigeon to just deliver the letter for you.  
  9. Staying out of the election drama.
  10. Using glitter and keeping it out of every other part of your life.  
  11. Rubbing your stomach and patting your head.  
  12. Getting your contour perfect on the first try.
  13. Making it through the day on one cell phone charge.  
  14. Choosing between Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.  
  15. Hitting the final high note in “The Phantom of the Opera” without sounding like you’re dying.
  16. Sleeping in without being woken up with reminders of everything you have to do.  
  17. Pulling an all-nighter and then making it through a full day of classes and meetings.  
  18. Making a matte manicure last for two weeks without chipping.  
  19. Hearing your favorite song and fighting back the urge to sing along or dance outrageously to it.
  20. Getting the last “Winthrop Football: Still Undefeated” shirt in your size.  
  21. Balancing on your Pilates ball – for more than five seconds.  
  22. Running into someone from high school and actually remembering who they are and how you know them. 
  23. Snorting while laughing and making it cute.  
  24. Always knowing the right thing to say.  
  25. Not clapping along to the Friends theme song. 

Keep being awesome, Collegeittes–and keep trying to master that P.O. box. One day you’ll get it! And if not, stay calm and ask someone to do it for you. 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.