The Combination of Beauty and Technology

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Combining beauty and technology is an innovative way to improve the beauty industry by allowing us to personalize beauty products to fit our own individual needs. There are different skin types, hair textures, facial features, and ultimately different wants. Many companies like L’Oréal are developing the future of the beauty industry by combing technological devices with beauty. I discovered some fascinating beauty technologies that shape the future of beauty by making personalization unique.

Here are some of the captivating ones I found.

MINK 3D Printer

This unique 3D portable printer allows you to print makeup just from your cellphone device. It can take any image from social media or your camera roll and transform it into eyeshadow, lipstick, eyeliner, nail polish, and much more. This printer can create makeup just from the comfort of your home with the ability to produce 16.7 million different colors. All you have to do is upload your desired image to the app. This is a unique way to try different colors you’ve seen online to see how it’ll look on you.

PERSO

I discovered this one while working on a project for L’Oréal Brandstorm and I found it very fascinating. It uses artificial intelligence to evaluate skin and environmental factors to create a personalized lipstick, foundation, and skincare. It has a patented 3 cartridge system that creates an individual formula that is unique. It can also color match to create a personalized foundation and lipstick shades. It is very futuristic and makes personalization unique!

HiMirror Mini

This innovative smart mirror has many different high-tech functions that provide personalization for the user. The mirror is a touch screen that allows you to change the lighting settings incorporating different options such as restaurant, mall, and sunset lighting. It has a skin analyzer that keeps up with the progress of your skin and determines oiliness, dryness, and other concerns. Another cool feature is that it lets you input the expiration of the beauty products to remind you when they expire. The HiMirror Mini is compatible with Alexa and uses augmented reality to try different makeup looks. You can also use many different apps on it such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram which make it easier to follow along with makeup tutorials.

L’Oréal Color Sonic

This is a futuristic device that personalizes hair color for an easy in-home experience. First, you use the app to choose the color you want, and then they send it to you. It uses technology to create an on-demand, innovative way to mix hair color and to create a non-messy way to apply the hair color. The device has small bristles that evenly distributes hair color without over saturating. It can also save the remaining hair color product for touch-ups.

SpectraLite FaceWare Pro

There are many different led face masks brands that are used to address different skincare concerns but this one is approved by the FDA and is a medical grade device. This mask takes 3 minutes and is only used once a day from the comfort of your home. The FaceWare Pro has different lighting settings that target different skincare concerns. The red light is used for anti-aging, the blue light is used to fight acne, and the purple light is used to target both. There are many other brands of led face masks that use technology and infrared lights as well.

Some of these technologies are still in the process of launching and will redefine the beauty industry making personalization special for everyone and transforming salon experiences. Having 3d makeup printers, personalized skincare, and haircare is the future of beauty!

Hello my name is Marranda Coronilla. I am a licensed cosmetologist pursing my bachelors degree in Business Admin with a concentration in marketing and a minor in visual design. I love to share my insights and advice as a cosmetologist on beauty related topics.